I experimented with xmlspawner and found out that when I set some Duration time, mobs will disappear after it. Is there a chance to make it that they will disappear only when player is not within a set proximity range of said spawner?

Smartspawn should do that
Hi PyrO, always a pleasure to see you! :) As I understood from SmartSpawn property, it despawns when there are no players around, but then I'm not sure - does it just respawns whatever creatures were spawned there last time immediately when the player is in range, or does it launch a spawner and it checks all conditions (min and max delay, random mob spawning etc) as if it was empty?

I found some manual on uoroleplay but it didn't clarify much about this.

It should respawn it to the state it was befor they all despawned. It was always fun to see this behaviour on sheeps for example ;)

They respawn with wool :D
Oh yeah, I get it! Haha :)
I was trying to find ways to make them despawn without player and then spawn as by spawner but it seems much more complicated. I wanted to use it to have some sort of random npc population of areas - say, spawning some random mobs, and when you come next time, there is a different number of them (via TriggerProbability) and they are different.

Smart spawning will not only not spawn when players are around but it will also not spawn if a staff or player is hidden near it so camping spawns hidden will be impossible

Back