I am thinking on starting a server. I now have the time and resources to do so. I was thinking on using the last commit of ServUO before the XML changes and all of Milvas deco. She's a wiz ! My questions are as follows...

1) Which version would you use? Why?
2) What would be a good skill cap?
3) What would be a good stat cap?
4) PvP, PvE or both? Why?
5) How about houses? (as in how many allowed)
6) How many accounts?

I know every has opinions... I want them all =)

1) We use the most up to date (including pub58WIP) just so we have all the newer UO content
2) We have ours set to no skill cap, most servers do
3) Whatever you decide, just don't forget to adjust the max STR DEX INT in accordance.
4) Thats up to you. We do PvP everywhere, some places do only voluntary PvP
5) We allow 3 per account for RPing purposes
6) We allow 3 per player to allow for spawner alts, roleplay, different builds etc.

1) We use the most up to date (including pub58WIP) just so we have all the newer UO content
2) We have ours set to no skill cap, most servers do
3) Whatever you decide, just don't forget to adjust the max STR DEX INT in accordance.
4) Thats up to you. We do PvP everywhere, some places do only voluntary PvP
5) We allow 3 per account for RPing purposes
6) We allow 3 per player to allow for spawner alts, roleplay, different builds etc.
I adjusted the stat caps in PlayerCaps, but it doesn't seem to let the stats go past 125. Am I missing them somewhere else?

1) Which version would you use? Why?
- Pub57 because it was the last version to allow more ease of editing scripts and adding scripts. And you can choose what era you want to use.

2) What would be a good skill cap?
I allow for GMing 10 skills.

3) What would be a good stat cap?
I keep the stat cap default.

4) PvP, PvE or both? Why?
I run trammel only with pvp allowed everywhere. Kind of like the old days.

5) How about houses? (as in how many allowed)
I allow 3 per account. I honestly don't care if players want to make 100 houses across multiple accounts. Space isn't an issue. They just need to make sure they keep them from decaying.

6) How many accounts?
I allow 3 per IP. I honestly don't care if players want to make 100, just kind of a soft cap i set.

These are just my own personal opinions/settings.

I adjusted the stat caps in PlayerCaps, but it doesn't seem to let the stats go past 125. Am I missing them somewhere else?
Did you compile after you made the change? I thought I read somewhere that any changes made to a config file, you have to run the compiler again. Or maybe I'm confusing the .cfg files with the scripts, .cs. Not sure...

Did you compile after you made the change? I thought I read somewhere that any changes made to a config file, you have to run the compiler again. Or maybe I'm confusing the .cfg files with the scripts, .cs. Not sure...
I had. I religiously recompile after I make changes. The problem I was having was with the Mythical Character Token. If you want it to work correctly and your stat cap is higher than default you have to change the enteries in that script as well.

Back