Resource icon

Zombiex, Unleash the Zombie Apocalypse 1.1

No permission to download

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
in your case you can either readd it (since it has no use I removed it) or you can remove it from the serialize, set the deserialize that it only reads the bool if it is that specific version, and later on you can even remove that too, once it was saved.

How you approach that? Thats up to you regarding the bonded part? Well I didnt alter anything in that regard, but that can be added (and should I guess :) )

At the bottom of the NewZombie function
change
C#:
                if (from is BaseCreature)
                    from.Delete();
to this
C#:
                if (from is BaseCreature && !((BaseCreature)from).IsBonded)
                    from.Delete();
now bonded pets wont be deleted
YOU ARE A SAINT!

It compiles, and it works! items from a player moves to the zombie, and the items move to the zombie corpse when killed! I'll keep on testing, but i think you did it. I'll update the main download and give you credit.

I owe you a beer, let me know how i can do that :D

PyrO

Paladin
Jan 27, 2015
If you find anything else you can tell me, but it should be fine now. Still some things that I think arent optimal but its doing its job

You can also write to me on discord if you like, makes it easier to figure things out :)

Reactions: Finaltwist

Fireball

Squire
Sep 6, 2014
United Kingdom
uoutopia.com
Shard Name
UO:Utopia
Thank you PyrO. That all works a treat now. Blessed items now stay on the player's ghost.

I have also not had a client crash.

The only thing I feel that is needed is to stop bonded pets being deleted so in ZombieX.cs I've changed the Delete() code to:

Code:
  if (from is BaseCreature)
  {
   BaseCreature mobx = (BaseCreature) from;
   if ( !(mobx.IsBonded) )
    from.Delete();
  }

Last edited:

PyrO

Paladin
Jan 27, 2015
Guess it wasnt in the package?
But here is the direct link to Post #20

:)

Fireball

Squire
Sep 6, 2014
United Kingdom
uoutopia.com
Shard Name
I just realised I didn't post that in my original post either. Duh! :)

What was the issue with the ethereal dropping to the ground? I didn't get to look at that but it works now so I'm guessing you fixed it, or did it fix itself with the blessed items fix?

PyrO

Paladin
Jan 27, 2015
Well I didnt touch the mount area, the whole moving items to the zombies backpack was not working as intended.

The Zombie didnt have an backpack so the code tried to equip it to the creature.
Also it only looked at the equipped items, therefor it tried to give your backpack to the creature.

So I assume, since you would not have any backpack left, it would drop to the ground at that point

Zomb-Rob

Citizen
Sep 26, 2018
Nice to see this script is still floating around. I can't remember when I first released it but it must have been 10-15 years ago. I was using a copy/paste/debug method to learn how to write code at that time so I was really proud I got it working as well as it did(on an early runuo 2.0 rev). I'm happy people still like the idea and are improving/updating it.
There was a more standalone version another runuo member made that did use something like the mirror image spell to copy players and didn't use the baseUndead custom script but I can't find it in my files.
Thanks for keeping this zombie walking.

Reactions: Finaltwist

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
haha i love the script and its one of the first things i added on my server. that happened ot me too - i found my "baseblue" scripts here after programming them back in 2005. that's how UO works.

the scripts here have been changed quite a bit since your version, less crashes and they work as intended now - there were a few issues before. try it!

Fireball

Squire
Sep 6, 2014
United Kingdom
uoutopia.com
Shard Name
Nice to see this script is still floating around. I can't remember when I first released it but it must have been 10-15 years ago.
Thanks for keeping this zombie walking.
Thank you for writing it! It was a brilliant idea. I am sure we will bring them out each Halloween now and probably use the base code with other creatures in future.