Utima Online is a 3x3 matrice system (x,y,z) and is obsolete really, we endure its relic state because we are accustomed to it! What if Ultima Online was a 4x4 matrice (x,y,z,w)? Like most modern games Ultima Online could compete again as a state of the art game!
Too bad this idea is far fetched for me, i just thought i would bring it up as maybe someone in the servuo community could build such a system!

This kind of thing?

Freya is great but i don't think an isometric game with fixed point perspective is built for 4x4 unless you account for stretching of tiles

Note: haven't watched the video but forming assumptions based on image searches

exactly! Ultima Online on a new level! where to even begin? A next level platform! evolution of! the new millenium! that would be a project! i have a dream!
in 3x3 matrice you have x,y,z axis on a coordinate graph.. thats a 2d system
with 4x4 matrice you have a x,y,z,w diving an extra factor for the axis! giving a true 3d system!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Sounds like Iris UO client what is open source.

Sounds like Iris UO client what is open source.
where can i get that open source script?>
thats what im talking about, its been done!!! wow!

So There are a Few Games that are Heavily Inspired By Ultima Online, and one of the main ones I can Highlight would be Legends of Aria, UO's Former Developer Made it, its UO's Spiritual Successor. Or like everyone Mentioned if you want Actual UO Client wise Iris would be your best bet, But I am pretty sure They Cancelled that project long ago. But we also have the actual Enhanced client as well now, which is slowly being deconstructed and figured out how to modify it, by some in the community.

Back