When I use a crafting skill like bowcrafting, only preAOS items show, and it is the same with Tailoring, no elven, no recipes, no SA or SE.
Missing a setting? I see expansion TOL.
Thanks for the help.

Actually, let me correct that. It appears that my GeneralSettings.cs file is corrupt and yet did not throw and issue.
DO I need to set something in this file??

CurrentExpansion.cs has:
Code:
public static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.TOL;
I thought that was the only location.

Actually, let me correct that. It appears that my GeneralSettings.cs file is corrupt and yet did not throw and issue.
DO I need to set something in this file??

CurrentExpansion.cs has:
Code:
public static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.TOL;
I thought that was the only location.
That appears to be the correct setting. Have you made any modifications to the crafting system at all?

Here is the gump for leather armor off the sewing kit :(
leatherarmorgump.jpg

I uploaded the latest svn again and compiled. The exe started fine and the tailoring gump was intact. I shut down the server, emptied the output and started it up again and got this:( see attachment)
This is all happening on the latest patch, but remember, the first time I started the exe it was fine, didnt do a save started it up again and then got this on the screen.

Thank for your help!

Shazzy

Attachments

• run after compile.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
create account, than type [save (ingame or in server console), restart server and u will not see the "bug" again.. its only on start up ... there are also a few forum posts about that persistance issue/thing. :)

Just a thought you might also double check to be sure the server is reading your newer patched client game- along with checking your login client /razor to be sure the correct game client is pointed to .

create account, than type [save (ingame or in server console), restart server and u will not see the "bug" again.. its only on start up ... there are also a few forum posts about that persistance issue/thing. :)
I have the server with the craft issue running so the persistence issue never appeared.
Just a thought you might also double check to be sure the server is reading your newer patched client game- along with checking your login client /razor to be sure the correct game client is pointed to .
The server is pointing to the proper game and as is razor.
Now, how can I start the fresh one I just compiled and the craft gump was correct.
Shut down the server without saving, made admin account again, just liike before! - and the craft gump is the picture above :(
Any other ideas and how could it be ok one time and then not ok the next time.
** the running server on a different machine has never to my knowledge shown the proper gump even after multiple save a shutdown and restart, clearing out the output folder every time. I am no rookie to issues and running a server, but this one is making me crazy and I have all kinds of stress IRL at the moment.
ALL help is appreciated!

By the way, is anyone running the latest, greatest patch, as I am???

Shaz :)

This "bug" I find very worrisome:(
On my running server, I had a CUSTOMS folder with npc's, quests, etc. I got no errors with the folder in the scripts folder, but I had that craft gump issue. SO, I removed the customs folder on my backup server, restarted, the gump was fine. I added several simple customs back into the folder and restarted and the gump was again messed up. I took out all but 3 simple customs and the gump was fine.
I added knives chat and the gump was messed up. I removed it and gump was fine. I added it back in and the gump WAS FINE!?? that makes no sense....
The suggestion to save on first time starting the server up does not seem to be the fix. This issue with the craft gump coming and going seems to be totally hit or miss.
** a clean, no customs server, was fine, then the gump was back messed up, then fine again for several save and restarts.
This is what worries me.
Why the hit or miss and if the server is "fine" now, as soon as I go to add something as simple as a mystatus.cs or showart.cs command scripts, the gump for crafting is going to be messed up again?
I know people have custom scripts on their server, is there some unique folder/place these need to go to avoid issues?
I can not add one script, restart, check gump, shutdown and add another script, that is just crazy. None of these have anything to do with the craft gump and nothing with the craft system has been changed(welcome, login, restart and changing the gold amount on character creation and a couple others you need to change a name on to start a server up are the only changes I Have made to the distro svn, nothing with crafting)
** I cant add the Eric's Boots Quest I submitted on here without getting bad gump, try agin, remove, add, hope for good gump and that is a simple ML Quest I know has no issues.

Any final thoughts on this are appreciated.
*sigh*
Why me.....

Shazzy

I only merged the core and the account handler yet due the fact that my distro is partial more up 2 date then the servuo\justuo one..
I will switch Expansion to TOL today and see if that happen to me as well or if i get the new craftables i added like half year ago (when TOL leaked). But what makes me worrying is that you get a eos exception on world load. were you able to debug through via debugger?

I fully patched my client and downloaded a fresh ServUO.

I could not recreate the error you are seeing.

I did several restarts, added custom scripts, removed them. Still no problem with the gump.

I even added your Eric's Boots Quest (after removing references to IceSteed and GoldenDragon) and I still did not have an issue with the gump.

It must be something on your end. I suggest running UOPatch.exe and be sure to check the box for "Perform full file check". Perhaps you have a corrupt file in your client. this should check those files.

Will do.
The error just so you know is on 2 different computers running two different operating systems. I will run the patch again to check for corrupted files, it can't hurt.
And I agree, this gump issue makes NO sense and is no way connected to a custom folder that has no ties to any disto crafting. To appear and then disappear has to have something corrupted and I hope ti is that simple!

Yeah, intermittent errors are the worse, especially when others cant recreate them. Other than some corruption, the only thing I can think of is a disconnect between your client files and the ones for the server. Its really weird that it would happen on two seperate computers. You have not made any changes to either set of client files and you are running the server and client off a seperate set of client files?

I was able to confirm this issue.

I have a feeling what the problem is but will not be able to go near visual studio for the next few days so will get on it after xmas.

In the meantime if you want to get around this issue then in core.cs in the server you need to change

Code:
		public static bool T2A { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.T2A; } }
		public static bool UOR { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.UOR; } }
		public static bool UOTD { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.UOTD; } }
		public static bool LBR { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.LBR; } }
		public static bool AOS { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.AOS; } }
		public static bool SE { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.SE; } }
		public static bool ML { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.ML; } }
		public static bool SA { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.SA; } }
		public static bool HS { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.HS; } }
		public static bool TOL { get { return Expansion >= Expansion.TOL; } }

to
Code:
		public static bool T2A { get { return true; } }
		public static bool UOR { get { return true; } }
		public static bool UOTD { get { return true; } }
		public static bool LBR { get { return true; } }
		public static bool AOS { get { return true;} }
		public static bool SE { get { return true;} }
		public static bool ML { get {return true; } }
		public static bool SA { get { return true; } }
		public static bool HS { get { return true; } }
		public static bool TOL { get { return true; } }

Don't forget to recompile your exe afterwards.

Last edited:
I would say no, this is not the issue.

Expansion is an enum correct?

T2A = 0
UOR = 1
UOTD = 2
LBR = 3
AOS =4
SE =5
ML = 6
SA = 7
HS = 8
TOL =9

If you set your expansion to TOL it will be always >= 9 for all previous expansions

I would say no, this is not the issue.

Expansion is an enum correct?

T2A = 0
UOR = 1
UOTD = 2
LBR = 3
AOS =4
SE =5
ML = 6
SA = 7
HS = 8
TOL =9

If you set your expansion to TOL it will be always >= 9 for all previous expansions

The issue is when Knives chatted is added to the server. I have not had the time to look into it yet but it seems when it is installed the load order gets messed up and the expansion level is never set when the def files for crafting are loaded. The enum is always 0. Setting the bools above to true bypasses the expansion check and since it's hardcoded the crafting menus work correctly.

I think knives chat will need a major update.

I've always found Knives to be overly complicated. Bittiez is decent but only for online players. Just my opinion of course.

I think the community would really benefit from a new system for chatting in game and leaving messages.

I've always found Knives to be overly complicated. Bittiez is decent but only for online players. Just my opinion of course.

I think the community would really benefit from a new system for chatting in game and leaving messages.
I agree. I think Knives has had a long life now. I mean it is a staple in many ways but it has issues and it's the future now and there are probably better ways to do these things :)

I agree. I think Knives has had a long life now. I mean it is a staple in many ways but it has issues and it's the future now and there are probably better ways to do these things :)

At the very least, update the gumps for knives. The little buttons with the single letters and such has always confused me, like what the heck does each button do. Don't get me wrong, its been the go-to for years but seems like this community could do it better.

And yeah, I know I should put my money where my mouth is, but really busy right now, :p

Knives chat was alway a pretty nice chat system, but not with out issues at times- even when locked (so no one could mess with changing of hue) it would till change along with a crash from time to time with the gump.

Wow I wish it was just for players - as we have no guilds or factions :(
But thanks for posting it I will definitely take a look!

Back