I am doing a bit of introduction about what I think about making and personalizing our own shards in the hope to strengthening furtherly the already present feeling of community here in this forum.

With community I mean people who help others one in creating a basic universal shard where then everyone can enjoy his own customizations.

In the very few time I am watching the progress of ServUO I can see that there's a lot good staff here that is making a lot efforts to accomplish a good place where to download good files for a good clear emulation job.

I think ServUO needs all the help possible and I dont agree much the fact that all around there are many other twins or branches of the same.
Imo collaboration in working in one unique project will bring faster to good results to everyone can enjoy.

I share the fact that if anyone share parts of his own osi fixes of any kind, soon this project would become very rich.

It's a WIN WIN way, since if I own these osi fixes and you own these other fixes, joining them together we have this and that osi fixes both.

I am trying to make my best now for example trying to clean up some decoration issues in nerun distro on newest clients and will share soon with ServUO community.

(I am using client 7.0.45, I think the last)

There isnt anything to be afraid about loosing "personalization" in sharing osi fixes since there are plenty infinte ways to script and ways to customize our own world.
But at least a mostly ready start point.

I am pretty sure not only Nerun (which we own a lot of credits for our base shards) did some part.
Anyone can share useful work starting from simple decorations.

All the help should be welcome from most simple to more complex in the same way.

Well just one thing imo:
- Everyone should benefit of a clear osi map.
- Everyone then can make his own changes on his shards in not-osi way decorations and scripts without ther need of sharing.

What if this could be the main shared mind? Will these be more shards because it's so simple to raise up a good base for a shard? Afraid that our shard will loose notoriety?

Probably not because who likes to be a player will keep stay a player and who likes being a staff will be a staff anyway.

A player probably will mostly choose a shard based on the way it's mainly built... PVP, PVM, custom features from the website, difficulty, probably there's who likely prefer also mostly small shards then biggers (like me)... or simply who likes different stat/skill cap.

The result will be a higher popularity of the game probably and more entertainment for all.

(I am talking from about ten years of my previous mmorpg admin experience, I have been part also of the staff who developed the emulator)
I had a small server who ran with an average of 20-30 ppl especially due to the small connection.

I dont know yet what I will do with my local "shard" but for example I enjoy much develop the world, fix spawns, I am not going to play anyway on a big shard or smaller one neither, I am a prefering single players game like The Witcher if I cant choose on costructivity.

I hope I can find many people who share my mind about the way to help ServUO community in improving their emulator.

Last edited:
I like your style, your attitude is exactly the kind that this community needs, glad to have you here in the ServUO community and look forward to any contributions you may make in the future (no obligation of course)!

I will as I already did and shared here. I will surely keep contributing hoping to be soon followed.

Decorating and spawning correctly the world I think is pretty 50% of the job the other one is scripting.

With everyone's 2 cent in time this is really becoming a 100% granted investment in return for all.

Welcome Kilra Yan! :) agree- the more who help with fixes and post those the stronger our community/ServUO will become!

Back