Status
Not open for further replies.
Adventurers of Akalabeth is a single or multi-player adventure game that was based on the work of Djeryv for over a decade. The world consists of elements of ideas, graphics, maps, and animations from various sources. The overall scripting is based on RunUO, but heavily modified to create a new and unique experience. Although built off the Age of Shadows era of Garriott’s online game, the mechanics have been altered to provide new ways of doing things. Some skills that were previously useless now have a purpose. Some unused spells were brought back to life or made to work in a single-player environment. Character class archetypes have been enhanced, providing new ways to play and enjoy the game. The landscape has been changed to provide players a huge area to explore. This game is an altered version of Djeryv’s original game. It is branded as the “Adventurers of Akalabeth” to pay homage to Garriott’s first game. It takes place in an alternate universe to Garriott’s games, shortly after the events of his third game called Exodus. You can create a character that tries to make their way through many lands. You will have to find a way to feed yourself, and acquire equipment to explore your way around. Everything you need to know can be learned within the virtual environment. You will need both WORLD and GAME packages to play this. A manual is included with both.

DOWNLOAD WORLD

DOWNLOAD CLIENT

GAME MANUAL

art.jpg

This is an entire single/multi player game based off of Djeryv's original work. I don't plan to be developing anything much here, but I did fix a boat crash that was occurring in his game. Djeryv has seemed to move onto other things and I wanted anyone that was new to the game to get a version that had some bug fixes. So to respect Djeryv's request, I rebranded this version to something else.

Other than fixing the boat-sailing-crashing issue, I did add some things on my own that are overall inconsequential to the overall experience.

I fixed a pair of boots that didn't reference a boot animation, but a zombie animation instead.

The bank boxes now use the newer, larger gump.

bank.png

Djeryv had these trophy boards that allows you to mount the heads of certain monsters for your home. Within the game files, he also had stuffed bears and some other creatures that had boards mounted like statues. So I cleaned those up and made them consistent with his head mounting system (taxidermy). So now you may find mounting bases and stuffing baskets. The stuffing baskets allow you to make stuffed bears, tigers, etc.

The mounting bases allow you to create stuffed creatures that rest on wooden bases.

mount.png stuff.png

These wooden based trophies look like these ones here.

deco.png

Like Djeryv's mounting head boards, I made help/info screens for them so you know which types of creatures you can stuff or mount.

text.png

Again, don't expect this version to become something bigger than it is. Since Djeryv has left I just wanted to share my version of the game where I fixed a few glitches since his departure.

Thanks Djeryv for making one of the best Ultima experiences I have had. I have been playing this game for a long time and still play it today.

If you decide to move from Djeryv's last version, to my version here, you can follow his instructions for updating as normal. There is one thing you have to do different, however, and I also noted it in the version notes. You need to take my newer "containers.txt" file, from the GAME client's "Game/Data/Client/" directory, and replace your file in your game client's directory. This is what makes the new bank boxes work correctly.

Last edited:
Thank you a lot for this, I enjoy ruins n riche from Djeryv a lot and play with a friend sometimes!

Is there any way to transfer my accounts from ruins n riches so i dont lose progress and my characters? Me and my friend's

I got an odd issue i can't launch your clasicuo.exe properly..it only allows me to see Razor stuff like agent/other tabs etc.. Alt+Tab or clicking on the actual game window classicuo doesnt do anything i have to close it with X... Its hard to explain :(

Edit: this is on a fresh instal.../extraction... I launch classicuo.exe and can't see the game window... Only razor.. If i look at bottom at apps opened on my windows 10 I see classicuo client window is white
I fixed it in settings... Had to change window position to 0, 0.. For me that was gold cheers

Last edited:
I got an odd issue i can't launch your clasicuo.exe properly..it only allows me to see Razor stuff like agent/other tabs etc.. Alt+Tab or clicking on the actual game window classicuo doesnt do anything i have to close it with X... Its hard to explain :(

Edit: this is on a fresh instal.../extraction... I launch classicuo.exe and can't see the game window... Only razor.. If i look at bottom at apps opened on my windows 10 I see classicuo client window is white
I fixed it in settings... Had to change window position to 0, 0.. For me that was gold cheers
It happens when someone ran the client on a secondary or third monitor like I did.

Btw the bank box is pretty and big and amazing, also you have no idea how happy i am that you fixed sailing crashes... Sailing/boats aspect of Ruins or Uo or games in general is my favorite feature cheers :), Now if only i could disable or make death penalty not too bad XD

Hi sorry if im annoying im just big into this im on my third character I was wondering...If i edit the settings config file do i need to rebuild the world or do something confusing? Or i launch the server... I know on SERVUO it compiles the scripts from A to Z or something but here i dont see anything cheers

Whenever you change the settings.xml file, you should restart the server. Then login as ADMIN and do a [buildworld for good measure.

Whenever you change the settings.xml file, you should restart the server. Then login as ADMIN and do a [buildworld for good measure.
I dont know your default admin password :( im stuck
Figured out i had to delete SAVE folder cheers

Last edited:
Figured out i had to delete SAVE folder cheers
That was totally the wrong move. Did you read the PDF manual at all? Because all of these questions you have are explained in it.

Deleting your SAVES folder, pretty much messed up the entire game like those dungeon and castle houses no longer work. Read the manual. Read it.

The pdf doesnt tell the admin password... By deleting saves folder it allowed me to create my own ADMIN
oh damn i figured out everything... SORRY for trouble ;( XD

Last edited:
I guess you read the whole manual except for page 4. That page clearly tells you the account credentials. Again, deleting that saves folder messes up the game. Essentially breaks it.

I guess you read the whole manual except for page 4. That page clearly tells you the account credentials. Again, deleting that saves folder messes up the game. Essentially breaks it.
Yeah sorry for trouble i fixed everything... did a fresh extract and managed to do it by reading the page properly... Cheers thanks

My friend joined my server and for some reason bank box won't show up on screen for him or open at all.... It does say: 0 stone 0 item in it when he says bank or doubleclicks the vault inside bank.. We tried many things and he cannot get the bank box to open im so lost can you help us please I beg you sir? I made sure he is in fullscreen and whatever in video options too....

My friend joined my server and for some reason bank box won't show up on screen for him or open at all.... It does say: 0 stone 0 item in it when he says bank or doubleclicks the vault inside bank.. We tried many things and he cannot get the bank box to open im so lost can you help us please I beg you sir? I made sure he is in fullscreen and whatever in video options too....
Sounds like he does not have my client I put in my download section. Probably using the RR one.

Last edited:
Well, I cannot reproduce the issue. I even took the time to download a client and server fresh, make a new character, and the bank works fine. So you are pretty much on your own there. You have demonstrated that you folks do not have a very good attention to detail and often make assumptions when following instructions. Where the PDF manual gave clear instructions on how to do things, you have said that you made some assumptions on how to deal with issues. It is like there is a paragraph of instructions, but you only read maybe the first sentence and run from there without reading the rest. That whole "deleting the SAVES folder" was a good representation on how you approach something like this. Page 4 clearly stated the admin credentials, and the manual specifically says to never delete the SAVES folder. I am quickly realizing why Djeryv probably bailed.

Maybe you should go back to the game you were previously playing since you knew how that worked.

I'm thinking it got to do with his resolution or something, i'll test with another friend and see what i can do... It's a fresh instal without deleting or screwing up anything... I personally have the bank box and on all my characters so the issue seems to be on his end no worries

Spectre good dev I had another friend test for me and the box works for him... It's definitly not working for first friend for w.e reason so it's got nothing to do with you and me cheers I will investigate on my own and see whats wrong with my other friend

Spectre updated Adventurers of Akalabeth with a new update entry:

Rogue - 26 December 2023

This update is both a client and server update. The information for this update is provided below.

- Use the new World.exe file included.
- The [admin window has been cleaned up of old functions.
- Ninja animal form lists at least 1 animal to remove confusion.
- 4 server settings have been removed:
--- IF UPGRADING YOU MUST remove these
--- from you settings.xml file:
------ forest cats will use the larger model.
------ elephants will be in your game world.
------ zebras will be in your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Smooth-brain here… this IS just Ruins and Riches with bug fixes and some tweaked content (bank and trophy mounts) and not something with new skills or areas and such, right? I started RnR a few days ago, so I'm not very far, but id like to avoid potential bugs

Smooth-brain here… this IS just Ruins and Riches with bug fixes and some tweaked content (bank and trophy mounts) and not something with new skills or areas and such, right? I started RnR a few days ago, so I'm not very far, but id like to avoid potential bugs
Correct. I did take some liberties to add some options and such, (as noted) but the core gameplay that Djeryv made is all intact. The main goal for this is really to fix the bugs that popped up after Djeryv's departure. Where someone can get this version that has hopefully the least amount of bugs as possible. If you look through the changelog in game, or my notes here on each of my updates, you will see it is in the spirit of the game from where it came from.

If you are coming from R&R, make sure to do the changes to the containers.txt file, and the settings.xml file as I noted in my updates/changelog.

Correct. I did take some liberties to add some options and such, (as noted) but the core gameplay that Djeryv made is all intact. The main goal for this is really to fix the bugs that popped up after Djeryv's departure. Where someone can get this version that has hopefully the least amount of bugs as possible. If you look through the changelog in game, or my notes here on each of my updates, you will see it is in the spirit of the game from where it came from.

If you are coming from R&R, make sure to do the changes to the containers.txt file, and the settings.xml file as I noted in my updates/changelog.
I may not bother with bringing my old saves over, they aren’t much.

A question; I notice that while in the dojo instance, my hunger and thirst are moving when they didn’t in RnR. Is that something you did? If so, is it easy to change back? I’m asking because I honestly don’t like the hunger/thirst mechanic at all and would like to do away with it… or lock it somehow

Edit: also, I seem to be having trouble with getting my settings changes to stick… I’m not very code-literate, just changing true to false and whatnot… example would be changing the line in the settings.cs file from a 5 day delay to a 1 day delay for character deletions.

Last edited:
You are looking for this in settings.xml

C#:
// If true, then characters will not get hungry or thirsty when inside places like banks, inns, or houses...allowing you to step away from the game without your character starving eventually.

<setting>true</setting>

Morning Spectre, I’ve had a thought stuck in my head since yesterday. How big of an undertaking would it be to add the random PK encounters from Ultima Adventures to this?

Also, I found a RnR resource on GitHub by someone named Vlek. I’m interested in it but I don’t know what it does or even how to use it.

Anyway, I hope you’re doing well, thanks

Spectre updated Adventurers of Akalabeth with a new update entry:

Druid - 6 January 2024

Just one change with this update, but it did take awhile to setup and compile. Buff icons were an ignored part of this game, and it may be that older UO players (like Djeryv) just didn't have buff icons in their history playing it so it was just overlooked. They are a handy element, however, so I wanted to make it complete and thorough.

Buff icons have been added to the game.
Basic testing was done so there may be
slight issues with things like timing,
but the base is all done so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

But by chance, do you know why my buff bar keeps disappearing on log out? Not difficult to bring it back up, I know, just something I noticed. Might be a bug?
Normal behavior. Probably why there is a macro setting to open/close it.

Am I doing something wrong? I double click the logs I collect, target the saw table, and I get a message that this is not a saw mill. I’ve tried the stone part, the saw(up and down), and the board that’s stuck to the table, and it’s always the same. I’ve tried it in Britain, yew, and montor…

Am I doing something wrong? I double click the logs I collect, target the saw table, and I get a message that this is not a saw mill. I’ve tried the stone part, the saw(up and down), and the board that’s stuck to the table, and it’s always the same. I’ve tried it in Britain, yew, and montor…
The ones in shops do not work, you have to place one in your house.

I just need to look at it tomorrow. You did nothing wrong. I will post an updated when I fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back