Status
Not open for further replies.
Spectre updated Adventurers of Akalabeth with a new update entry:

Blacksmith - 3 March 2024

This is very much a back-end-system-type update. I only hope I described it enough below for those that are upgrading. Obviously, if you are just starting out with this game, there is nothing really but download-run-play. Some of the information, what was kept in the INFO folder, has been moved into the SAVES folder. This not only focuses on files that truly need to be backed up, but a step was removed when restoring a backup from the BACKUPS folder. So as you can see below, you just have to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,
Two quick questions:
Can the server run under Linux?
Is it possible to have the list of scripts that are updated?

Sorry for my English, but I'm French :)
If I ask for the list of scripts, it's because I translate everything into French ;)

I’ve developed an issue of sorts. Could be intended, I dunno, but my Elementalism books keep getting stolen. I’ve managed to find a few thief’s and get back stolen stuff, but whenever one yoinks my book and poofs away, they never reappear. Couple times I assume they could have teleported to an out-of-bounds area where I couldn’t reach them, but even in the overworld, they don’t seem to come back with my books.

Is this either something that has an in-game solution like a way to thief-proof items, or can something be tweaked to stop total loss of stolen items with the thief not staying gone for good?

Alternatively, can someone confirm that I am in fact that unlucky and bad at finding thieves? Lol

Unlucky. If thieves steal stuff and end up hiding, there is a chance they are nearby waiting to be found. Eventually they can ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again with the stuff they stole. Thieves do skill checks to see if they can hide, steal, and stealth. So it isn't automatic. Some thieves have high skills while others can have average. If they pass all the required skill checks, there is then a 20% chance they will steal an item from your pack. This design makes thieves, "thieves", instead of the mindless UO versions that only know to "run at character and hit with weapon". In your particular example, they don't steal equipped items so having the spellbook equipped would avoid theft. But that is a very specific situation.

Unlucky. If thieves steal stuff and end up hiding, there is a chance they are nearby waiting to be found. Eventually they can ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again with the stuff they stole. Thieves do skill checks to see if they can hide, steal, and stealth. So it isn't automatic. Some thieves have high skills while others can have average. If they pass all the required skill checks, there is then a 20% chance they will steal an item from your pack. This design makes thieves, "thieves", instead of the mindless UO versions that only know to "run at character and hit with weapon". In your particular example, they don't steal equipped items so having the spellbook equipped would avoid theft. But that is a very specific situation.
Egads, you can equip them! I swear I tried before but must have had something else already in the slot and wrote it off… neat, thanks!

Question, do thieves actually leave the game at some point, or is there a hidden army wandering my server armed with half full books?

Egads, you can equip them! I swear I tried before but must have had something else already in the slot and wrote it off… neat, thanks!
They go in the trinket/talisman slot. On EA's version, they were held in the hand. Djeryv changed it I assume to allow wizards to equip weapons and such while still holding a book. Assuming the book has magical properties when equipped.
Question, do thieves actually leave the game at some point, or is there a hidden army wandering my server armed with half full books?
Permanently deleted.

They go in the trinket/talisman slot. On EA's version, they were held in the hand. Djeryv changed it I assume to allow wizards to equip weapons and such while still holding a book. Assuming the book has magical properties when equipped.

Permanently deleted.
Awesome to know! Any chance for a notification for when the thief makes off for good? That way we know when to quit looking, or is there a general 1-minute rule or something?

ive got a message about needing to wait to do another action while using the x10 button making pants, but I love those buttons

I had to put a timer stop in the code to ensure everything runs and sounds play and results add up. If I did not do that, sounds were repeated alot and your message on number crafted were not done adding up.

Small request, in the status gump that you get from double-clicking your health bar; can we get a current/total display of max stats? I admit its because I don't want to do math in my head.

Also, about the multi-crafting buttons, I've also noticed that many crafting gumps stack up after a while. No big deal to close them all, just thought you should know

Small request, in the status gump that you get from double-clicking your health bar; can we get a current/total display of max stats? I admit its because I don't want to do math in my head.
I have no control over the status gump. Not without modifying ClassicUO source and compiling it and then hoping nobody asks me any questions on it ever.
Also, about the multi-crafting buttons, I've also noticed that many crafting gumps stack up after a while. No big deal to close them all, just thought you should know
I think I know what is causing this.

I’ve noticed that the monster races display their clothing in the side slots, would it be possible to do the same for humans wearing robes? It puts belt and pants on the right side, but the chest and arms still require removing the robe to get to

Don't know if you're interested in this bit, but the new crafting buttons don't auto-use the next unbroken tool. gotta close the gump and reopen it with a new tool. Only used it with Tailoring, so I can't say if its just the sewing kits or not.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that the monster races display their clothing in the side slots, would it be possible to do the same for humans wearing robes? It puts belt and pants on the right side, but the chest and arms still require removing the robe to get to
This is a client layer issue that cannot do what you are expecting it to do. The robe covers a couple of layers no matter if I add icons for it or not. So let's say I made a side icon for a particular chest layer (there are a few of them by the way). As soon as you put on a robe, that icon would disappear until you take the robe off. This is why the two icons you are referencing are on the bottom left and a larger robe icon would cover it when equipped.

Don't know if you're interested in this bit, but the new crafting buttons don't auto-use the next unbroken tool. gotta close the gump and reopen it with a new tool. Only used it with Tailoring, so I can't say if its just the sewing kits or not.
Correct. Not every tool is identical and the crafting system ONLY knows the tool you are currently using to craft. You have tools that have different properties at times. This is why I upped the uses to 100 to accommodate the "100" button.

Thanks for the info. Something else that I'm recently wondering, is can we update razor? I can't make timers in the version provided

and those buttons completely obliterated my tailoring macros, lol. not a complaint, just funny

Hi, I was wondering how the Bond time in the settings.cs works. I tried setting it to 0 as I would like instant bonding but that doesn't seem to work. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I was wondering how the Bond time in the settings.cs works. I tried setting it to 0 as I would like instant bonding but that doesn't seem to work. Any info on this would be greatly appreciaa
a zero will not work, lowest setting would be 1. You could always add some bonding potions.
Drop this is your scripts folder.

Attachments

• PetBondDeed.cs
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, fed twice. Waited around 10-15 minutes, tried stabling them too, but still no bond. This is with the setting at 0 which I assumed meant instant. Or does 0 actually mean you can never bond an animal?

Ok bud. No worries. This is my first experience with UO and I must say, it's fantastic. Thank you to you and those responsible for bringing this to life!

I’m curious if the setting for random big demon spawns to be changed from on/off to set by player level. With maybe -1 just being off. Just an idea

As an additional query. How does one go about increasing the max character limit for names? I can't have the names I want because of the 16 character limit. I tried changing with admin but upon relogging I am prompted to change it again to fit the limit. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Whilst you were looking into the taming/bond setting. I wonder if you would consider enabling the ability to gain taming skill through killing stuff with your pets? For me personally It would certainly make leveling the taming skill less mundane. Again. Many thanks for your awesome work on this project. I am totally in love with this game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back