Hi people!

Whenever the partial hue box is checked, my gump becomes riddled with pixels and I'm wondering how to efficiently correct that. I've tried to fill those pixels with the appropriate color (I eyedropped the closest non pixelated area and applied it on the pixelated one) and more often than not I seem to be creating more. The process is very long and tedious as I eventually successfully fill the area with what color seems to work. Unfortunatly, this affects the overall quality of the drawing which leads me to this question: is there a better way to address this issue? or should I be or not be using certain colors? (Im aware of the true black/true white issue which I always avoid using)

I'm using Clip Studio Paint and only drawing with the brush tool.

This is what I'm seeing while my BMP file is opened on Clip Studio

Probpix(true).jpg

And this is what I see after I test it in game (Once dyed)

Probpix(shit).jpg

Thank you for you help!

Hey, looks like a.jpg fragment to me, or maybe something like that.

I'm using Clip Studio Paint and only drawing with the brush tool.

Don't do this! :D

This is causing your problem. You need to use a pencil (pixel by pixel) - tool. I am not using Clip Studio Paint so I am not sure if the programm has this ability. But without it you will always end up with this problem. I am pretty sure Gimp has this option, but I am using Photoshop.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

You probably have a hint of color which will infact stop you. Best thing I can say is apply a grey scale on the paper doll skin

Here is example of partial hue static item but same rule applies to gumps
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
grey parts are colored and other are ignored and left as is ;)

As @Erad mentioned your eyedropped pixels probably have a bit of other color and aren't 100% greyscale :)

grey parts are colored and other are ignored and left as is ;)
Very helpful, thank you. I wanted to know what was the "mechanic" behind, what was considered colored when dyed.

This is causing your problem. You need to use a pencil (pixel by pixel) - tool. I am not using Clip Studio Paint so I am not sure if the programm has this ability. But without it you will always end up with this problem. I am pretty sure Gimp has this option, but I am using Photoshop.
If Photoshop has this option, would you mind showing me a quick screen of what tool you're talking about? I'll try to find it on Clip Studio and if I don't, it'll help with further research. Thanks!

When you look at color picker you have to be on the left side where white/black is if you move right the color looks grey but it's not.

The right grey:

1615451313400.png
and the wrong one:
1615451286168.png
And in uo everything that is 100% white or 100% black will be treated as transparent so you have to keep in mind that.

So If I recap, I should be using a pencil tool (or something that colors one pixel at a time) to color anything. From what I understand, I should be wary that greyscale (which is located to the far right of the color picker) will be colored when dyed. Also, what is colored will stay this way (if the partial hue box is checked, of course)

Something I've noticed - and you guys will be able to tell me i'm sure - is that if I eyedrop anything, it goes through layers so I should really be wary of the color in the background right? When you say "paperdoll skin" are you talking about the black area behind the gump?

Thanks a bunch guys!

So If I recap, I should be using a pencil tool (or something that colors one pixel at a time) to color anything. From what I understand, I should be wary that greyscale (which is located to the far right of the color picker) will be colored when dyed. Also, what is colored will stay this way (if the partial hue box is checked, of course)

Something I've noticed - and you guys will be able to tell me i'm sure - is that if I eyedrop anything, it goes through layers so I should really be wary of the color in the background right? When you say "paperdoll skin" are you talking about the black area behind the gump?

Thanks a bunch guys!
When I am referring to the paperdoll skin I am mostly referring the human gump itself, also you should have no layers what so ever they should be completely merged if you plan on importing to UO , also was this a client that you downloaded? Because this looks like you tried messing with the skin.

Its a file that was already altered. And when I save a clipstudio file into BMP, it automatically merge all layers. I do use them so I can greyscale some parts that I want dyed and keep others colored (like eyes for exemple) so I these translate IG.

With all the informations provided here, I was able to fix it! So thank you for your response, youve been very helpful.

Cheers

Back