Talow submitted a new resource:

AutoResPotion (potion of rebirth) - Die and let live.

A potion that when used allows the player to be resed about 30 seconds after their next death.

NOTE:
When used a charge is not used at that time, upon res is when the charge is used.
Once the charges are gone, so is the potion.
Using the potion is not saved, so after a server restart players will need to use the potion again to be added to the list (also why the charges are not used until after res).
There is no time limit on the use of the pot either.
Logging in/out also do not effect the...

Read more about this resource...

Love it, but I have a question. I tried changing this:

private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 30.0 ); /*TimeSpan.Zero*/

to this

private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.Zero;

but it still takes 30 seconds to resurrect the player after they die. I can't find any other timespan functions in the code that would cause this. I even just tried doing.

private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 2.0 ); /*TimeSpan.Zero*/

To see if there was an issue with the zero, but still same thing. Takes about 30 seconds to resurect the player. Any idea how I would get it to stop the delay?

(yes I re-created new potions after changing the script and rebooting the server.)

I'm unsure why you are having issues with that. I set it up on a delay call for the timespan set there. I don't recommend a zero timespan as the death event closes gumps on screen and we want to be sure that event is well done before we send off our new gump so it don't show then close again.

Back