I was just curious, anybody knows the real average age for the members of the community?
Each time i visit and check the birthday section, mostly everybody is at 30-40.

Any fictive bets? :D

I'd say 36 :p

Using a quick a dirty sql query the average age of the user on ServUO is about 34.

Code:
mysql> SELECT avg(dob_year) from xf_user_profile Where dob_year > 1940 AND dob_year < 2003;
+---------------+
| avg(dob_year) |
+---------------+
|     1981.6815 |
+---------------+

I have taken out the extremes on both ends of the scale as some people say they were born in 1900 or 2015 :p and also coppa regulations mean anyone registering here must be older than 13 anyway or have parent consent.

I was probably one of the extremes you ignored... but 1964 is really my year... It is hell getting old ha ha

Considering that UO was released back in 1997, its going to be soon 20 years old soon, that alone will offset the age average of people still involved or interested in UO.

Once I hit retirement age, its going to be prime time to run a UO shard with all the spare time. I wonder if there will be anyone that will still be interested in UO in 2 - 3 decades from now. A virtual old folks home :p

When i will have kids (if i ever have), i will force them to play on my server. c:
Also i'm pretty young compared to the average xD

Back