1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to 2.3

Discussion in 'Script Support' started by Rochaven, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

Well going back to RunUo for the 2.3. Heard there was a 2.4 , even a 2.5 but i have failed to find it here so just going to use 2.3 .

2. Kalamus

Kalamus Active Member

Well you probably wouldn't find RunUO 2.4 or 2.5 here although ServUO is built off 2.5 ;)

If you are still looking for RunUO 2.5 you can find it here https://github.com/runuo/runuo

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

RunUO is closer to what UO is now, without support and even removal of older systems (Mondain's Legacy). It may be a little confusing since RunUO has 2.x, and ServUO has Pub 5#. IMO, ServUO is by far a warmer community than RunUO. I have yet to see a post of "you can't post that here", "what a DA question", etc. ServUO is more for a custom "tricked out" UO.

Think of it like this:

For the guys- RunUO is like the auto manufacturer (Ford, Chevy, VW, etc) ServUO would be classified as the street racers (Nascar, Tokyo Drift, etc)

For the girls- RunUO is like buying a plain gold or silver bracelet. ServUO would be classified as the "pandora charms" that are used to customize it.

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  4. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

LOL Redmoon, i like your play with words, now to learn your language :DSo i need pub5 then and not 2x, just when i had the basics up again. I know theres a way to Clone over to pub5 with git but never have used it before , i have yet to grasp the program. Tho fear not, i'm not smart enough to give up lol. Now to find Pub 5. And uninstall v2.3

5. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

So from what i seen so far , there is no per say "batch file" for servuo containing the whole pub 5 itself, like runuo has the batch /2.3 . Looks , and correct me if i'm wrong, like its a file by file conversion process, where you drag and drop say the data file from the repository to the 2.3? Forgive me if i'm sounding stupid , but being a whole different setup, i have yet to convert . I will do it if it alls me all day and night today tho, so expect to see me blowing up the forums, i apologize in advance.

6. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

Easiest Method: Use this link and download the zip file-https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO
    It is the "ServUO Repo" which is located at the top of the page.

The Git method is a little harder, but you can get instant updates when ServUO fixes, changes, adds anything. If you use this method, I'd suggest having a separate folder for it and convert new things to your server folder. This will keep you up to date, and not give you a headache from what you need to change, what you did change, and the "OMG did I add this in?!?!" LOL

7. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

lol ok so at the git site i see SSH and puddy, is one better than the other

8. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

ServUO is, and should be looked at the same way as RunUO. So, technically you ~can~ have both ServUO and RunUO. Basically....just think of ServUO as RunUO.

9. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

Look for the "Download ZIP" on the right side. ;)

Both are the same thing, just in different "boxes".

Think gifts..one red, one green..both have the same contents.

10. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

And what i guess i'm failing to see it on that site. This the right page?

Attached Files:

11. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

Ok swet, opening zip now. I'm so excited lol

12. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

Awesome! :D

Attached Files:

13. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

Seeing no .exe file in list, and is this file my actual server , like to run my runuo i click my runuo.exe file to open the shard. I dont see it in this file yet but i am looking . Of course i already realized i have to use Visuall Studios to see the indiv. folders lol . I see compile.winbat, nope thats back up lol

14. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

Wow, its almost the exact same folder as my runuo folder as you said, with a few differences. Very well done, am very impressed. Still looking for compile .exe . But loving what i see so far.

15. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

You will need to compile the server for the .exe file. Here is my compile.bat, if there wasn't one in there. (change .txt to .bat and place in ServUO\server file and run)
    Code (C#):
    1. cd EmergencyBackup
    2. SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
    3. SET PATH=%DOTNET%
    4. csc.exe /r:..\SevenZipSharp.dll /debug /nowarn:0618 /nologo /out:..\EmergencyBackup.exe /optimize /unsafe /recurse:*.cs
    5. cd ..
    6. cd Server
    7. csc.exe /win32icon:servuo.ico /r:..\OpenUO.Core.dll /r:..\OpenUO.Ultima.dll /r:..\OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll /r:..\SevenZipSharp.dll /debug /nowarn:0618 /nologo /out:..\ServUO.exe /optimize /unsafe /recurse:*.cs
    8. PAUSE
    9. cd ..
    10. title ServUO - By Team ServUO @ http://servuo.com/
    11. echo off
    12. cls
    13. ServUO.exe

16. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

lol was doing that now, yeah just had to find the command line, omg i need MORE COFFEE now !!! Too excited

17. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

I completely understand! That's how I felt when I discovered ServUO. :D:D:D

18. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

Hmm why did it say Client error, odd

Attached Files:

19. Rochaven

Rochaven Member

Hmm now to create a shortcut lol but it is asking me to make a ower account now, this all looks familiar to runuo now heheh

20. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

Yep! Also, if you want to make your server have a custom icon; place your icon in the ServUO\server folder and overwrite the other one, recompile and badabing..your ServUO.exe will show your server's icon. ;)