yes , mine appears to look the same way already tho. Or am i mistaken?
You are correct, they are the same. I use BeyondCompare, great program if you don't already have it. If you are still having issues with the map, it ~could~ be because the server and the client are using different files. Are you using a custom path?

He's saying you're most likely using an older UO classic client. Meaning you'll need to disable PostHSFormat in the file he linked you to, or update to a newer client.

He's saying you're most likely using an older UO classic client. Meaning you'll need to disable PostHSFormat in the file he linked you to, or update to a newer client.

That'd be a she, lol.

@Rochaven the way I have mine set up is this:
C:\ServUO (for server and it's files)
C:\Server (for all files that are needed for customs...map#.mul, art.mul, etc)
C:\UO 7.0.34.6-custom (this is the UO that I play with via Razor or UOSteam)

My ServUO\Scripts\Misc\Datapath.cs is changed to:
private static readonly string CustomPath = @"C:\Server";

My ServUO\Scripts\Misc\Datapath.cs is changed to:
Mine says the same thing VVV

Ok i think i am beginning to annoy everyone. Sorry guys i'll give you all a break while i smash my keyboard with this brick. lol

Sorry, that's what I get for skimming the pages so quickly. Should of quoted instead.
Lol, it's ight. :D

@Rochaven
Copy everything from you C:\Program Files....Ultima Online to C:\Server (if you don't have a C:\Server folder make one.

Ok i think i am beginning to annoy everyone. Sorry guys i'll give you all a break while i smash my keyboard with this brick. lol
Nah, this is the beauty of ServUO! ServUO is more than willing to help! ;)

Change the path in DataPath.cs and OpenUOSDK.cs to copies of your client folder. OpenUOSDK must have it's own copies of client files, or else you'll get issues if it tries to access client files already in use. Currently OpenUO in ServUO only needs the art client files. Although you should copy all the uop files.

Last edited:
so do i creat a C:\ folder in my EA folder?

Refer to the PM, if you're going to be doing any custom artwork, maps then use the above with the C:\Server.
Change the path in DataPath,cs and OpenUOSDK.cs to copies of your client folder. OpenUOSDK must have it's own copies of client files, or else you'll get issues if it tries to access client files already in use. Currently OpenUO in ServUO only needs the art client files. Although you should copy all the uop files.

So the C:\Server is needed?

Well this is how mine looks as it came, so to remove the lag movement in game i need to link it to my ea folder in programs via
C:\program files (86)\EA games\Ultima Online 2D Client
is that right?

Attachments

• OpenUOSDK.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 3
You should only link it directly to your client's install folder if you never plan to run the client from that directly on that same system. If you plan to run a client locally on the same system it's hosted on, you WILL NEED A COPY of all the client files. Meaning you should copy all the important .uop files mentioned in DataPath to a new directory and use that for your DataPath. You should also do the same for OpenUOSDK.

@Rochaven

Ok, Insanity just answered it. (had to wait for the Big Dog,lol). Just make a folder in C named Server and copy everything and paste into there, and it should all be golden. :D

Thank you both very very much for that pain in the butt moment, i promise more to come LOL ....[worldspawn epic failure LOL and the pain continues

but thats great to know, can i use the premium off runuo scripts or does servuo have its own, lol nm i'll look, i need to get better at mapping my butt around this site anyhow lol

Captain we have a world ! And almost all my old scripts worked with ServUO, sweet ! The only one that wouldnt compile is the "Original name.cs" that only allows a name to be used once, so i didnt get players making alts of other players to be annoying. I have had that issue in the past , was a nightmare lol

Oh no no, i have asked more than i should have already. My apologys to anyone i may have over stayed my welcome with today.

LOL i wish, i'm still at this point, IssueStill shows the error is still there, "howihaveitrouted" shows the change i made . I have a shortcut to desktop that i use to start the server and thats the route it gives me when i put the cursor over it. Soooo guess i'll have to figure that one out over time. I'm sure it sounds and looks stupid to some lol, like i bet 90% of you are like, "ok this guy is a idioit" lol, nay just old and learning. Alot of changes from the simple drag and drop stuff i been doing for the family.

Attachments

• IssueStill.jpg
    IssueStill.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 10
  • HowIhaveItRouted.jpg
    HowIhaveItRouted.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 9
Back