Hello everyone.

I've been away from UO for probably more than 15 years or so. I search around a bit every few years, but never got back to the game and hosting a server although I never lost the love for the game or the desire to run a shard again.

Now that I got the itch to play UO again I setup the old UO98 server and got to playing. It brought back some happy memories from 1997, 98, etc... for me.

So, today I searched a bit and couldn't find information on a few questions that I have. I was hoping some of the more knowledgeable ServUO users might be able to answer these questions or point me in the right direction.

1. I'm hoping to run a server that plays like the original GOLD or T2A era of UO. I mean the same rules and functionality. I believe it was AOS that added and altered a lot of the game rules and systems. I'm hoping to stick to the original style of play again from around T2A.

2. While I never used it, the Kingdom Reborn client looked amazing from the few screenshots and videos I saw. Is it possible to run a ServUO server that can work with that client or at least the graphics of that client?

3. If KR and ServUO can work together, is it possible to tie question 1 and 2 above together? What I mean is to use the KR client and ServUO with a worldfile and ruleset that is based off of the original UO Gold release or The Second Age rule set and functionality and to NOT make use of any newer features or rule changes from after T2A?

Well, I guess that is all for now. I appreciate any info.

Thanks,
John

They would have to be willing to give you a copy of their server for you do run it as yours. I don't know too many who will do that but hey you can ask.

I'll let someone more knowledgeable answer how to get a T2A era server running, but I can tell you that ServUO does have the option to change the era of the shard. This may help you: https://www.servuo.com/threads/pre-aos.2572/ I can also tell you that the Kingdom Reborn client was abandoned about a decade ago. The closest thing to the KR client now is the Enhanced Client, though it's not 100% the same. It does have the improved graphics though. The newest ServUO is compatible with the Enhanced Client, but I'm not sure if it would work with T2A functionality level.

Back