Rasmenar submitted a new resource:

[Beta] Offline Skill Training Core - A system for training skills while offline

What is Offline Skill Training?
Exactly what it sounds like. This system is intended to allow players to train skills while their character is logged out by studying books associated with a specific skill.

How does it work?
To begin training, simply double click a study book in your inventory and then log out of the game. The next time you log in, your skill will be increased, as long as you spent enough time offline and studying. Skills gained from offline training obey all...

Read more about this resource...

hello i like the concept! i was trying to test the script, but it throws an error, im using runuo 2.2

CS1501: Line 117: No overload for method 'Gain' takes '3' arguments

C#:
SkillCheck.Gain(from, from.Skills[this._TrainingSkill], toGain); //Line 117

this is my Gain method from Skillcheck.cs

C#:
public static void Gain( Mobile from, Skill skill )
        {

hello i like the concept! i was trying to test the script, but it throws an error, im using runuo 2.2

This feature is designed for the most recent version of ServUO, so I'd expect there may potentially be several conflicts. I suppose I should probably note which version this is for in the original post.

Rasmenar updated [Beta] Offline Skill Training Core with a new update entry:

Bugfixes, Pre-Made Books, Standard Book Vendor

Corrected an issue with preparing to study. In the previous version, you could not un-prepare once you prepared a book for study without logging out and back in. This is corrected - simply double click the book you had previously readied for study.

A study session will now only begin if you log out in town or in a player-owned home.

Created a vendor (StudyBookbinder) that sells a 70-skill version of every study book for 1,000 gold.
Created Standard (70 skill), Advanced (100 skill), and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rasmenar updated [Beta] Offline Skill Training Core with a new update entry:

Quick Update to Book Vendor

This was supposed to be in the previous update, but I'm an idiot :D

The Bookbinder vendor will reward a player when a study book is dropped onto them. The type of reward is gold by default, but I have included comments in the area of the script where this can be changed.

Read the rest of this update entry...
Post automatically merged:

Resource has been updated with a Vendor and pre-made study book classes for easier addition to vendor lists and loot tables.

Last edited:
one thing: i think instead the books should hook into skillcheck.checkskill instead... so every tick just makes it so it's "possible" for a gain to happen, instead of guaranteed gains. would make it so its a bit more random, and wouldn't guarantee any gains

Hi All, this script had a few issues for me.... so i revamped and fixed

- fixed issue where the book didn't realized you logged in/out
- fixed an issue where the book would provide gians on multiple logins incrementaly
- changed skill gains from certain gains to an "skill attempt" instead. therefore, time logged out means you attempted to use the skill, so gains aren't guaranteed. Scales with book and skillcap

Attachments

• Offline Skill Training.rar
    11.6 KB · Views: 14
Back