CentrED+ Install Tutorial

Quasar

Squire
Oct 26, 2018
Something is odd, I have never had that happen. Did you install any customs? Possibly custom spawn package?

TamaTonga

Citizen
Mar 30, 2019
Something is odd, I have never had that happen. Did you install any customs? Possibly custom spawn package?
Nope. Downloaded CentrED+ from the site, installed it, ran the server and entered all the info for the port, where the muls are located, map size, username/pw and then it crashed. It still generated the xml settings file but when I go to run the server again it crashes immediately.

Keane

Citizen
May 17, 2019
Nope. Downloaded CentrED+ from the site, installed it, ran the server and entered all the info for the port, where the muls are located, map size, username/pw and then it crashed. It still generated the xml settings file but when I go to run the server again it crashes immediately.
I'm getting what sounds to be the same issue, I'm using UO client 7.0.75.66, and the most recent CentrED+, server instantly closes when I try to run it. Is CentrED not compatible with the recent clients?

m309

Admin
ServUO Developer
Mar 3, 2013
I had an updated install tutorial posted, but it seems to have vanished.

Have you made it as far as entering your file names etc for the initial setup? Did the server.exe generate an xml file?

Keane

Citizen
May 17, 2019
Yes too both, it generated the xml, though the server window closed out instantly after doing that.

Catarina

Citizen
Jun 28, 2018
hey guys. im running the server. after a lot of ttrying i got everything running. now i open CentrED put username, pass. and same path as did on server. when i try to conect it says "specified path does not contain the required files ". i went into my folder, looking for the mul files to check if everything was there, found out i have no art.mul but instead i have art.def and i have no artidx.mul at all.. i have client version 7.0.60.43... what do i do?

Catarina

Citizen
Jun 28, 2018
question. i colored some titles before. opened and closed centred and the list of colors i used is not there anymore.... how do i get the color of a title i put in before?

Jun 24, 2016
Hover over the tile/static. Down in the lower right will be a bunch of info about that tile, including color code.

Principe

Citizen
May 25, 2019
please configuraton for clien 7.0.79.6 ? 896X512 is correctly?
Post automatically merged:

and format?
later name acount and password crash :(

Last edited:

TheArt

Squire
Oct 21, 2018
Shard Name
Planes of Etria
Yeah I have an issue with this program. When we install it, and manage to get it to 'actually run' we have a few issues.

1) Our anti-virus programs (Avast and Norton, Avast for me, Norton for my roommate) go of saying it's a virus. Despite us changing firewall settings, Norton throws more of a fit about the program.
2) After my roommate managed to get the program running.... He is now having to reload his computer due to the program acting just like Avast and Norton saying it would, like a virus.

I am posting now to state "DO NOT TRY USING THIS PROGRAM FROM THE RUSSIAN LINK PROVIDED!" It is not worth losing your data.

Zavreyon

Squire
Apr 5, 2015
Yeah I have an issue with this program. When we install it, and manage to get it to 'actually run' we have a few issues.

1) Our anti-virus programs (Avast and Norton, Avast for me, Norton for my roommate) go of saying it's a virus. Despite us changing firewall settings, Norton throws more of a fit about the program.
2) After my roommate managed to get the program running.... He is now having to reload his computer due to the program acting just like Avast and Norton saying it would, like a virus.

I am posting now to state "DO NOT TRY USING THIS PROGRAM FROM THE RUSSIAN LINK PROVIDED!" It is not worth losing your data.
Neither Norton nor Avast's engines are flagging the latest (0.7.9) file from http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/files "the russian site" as a virus. In fact, none of the major engines show it as a virus (today). Either the site was compromised this weekend and has been fixed since then, OR more likely, you and your roommate have something else propagating your home network causing the alarms you are seeing.

This site shows the results from many different antivirus scanner engines for a given file, including the ones you mentioned. In fact, only 2 engines are flagging it and only as low confidence detections due to machine learning.(false positive):

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Wanted to say thanks for this thread - is there a guide anywhere? there are excellent videos from a german man... but i can't understand what he is saying :)

I'd like to ultimately add uo architect statics into the mul files... is there a guide on who to do this?

Last edited:

TheArt

Squire
Oct 21, 2018
Shard Name
Planes of Etria
I am going to say, after fiddling around with a few things, I managed to get this up and running. I want to apologize for having a moment of dumb.

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Still getting used to the program meself. hint: holding control allows you to select and area :)
Would anyone know how to add builds from architect to the muls? So that they appear in the radar and centred?

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
You'll need to [freeze them to the map, then redistribute the map file to your clients/tools to see the changes!
confused by this - so if i add a building via uo architect, then with an admin account, freeze that area, then the building will be hardcoded to the map mul file? I would then ensure every client has the same map mul file so they can see it?

did i get that right?