CentrED+ Install Tutorial

Zavreyon

Squire
Apr 5, 2015
Nothing you freeze ingame will change the map mul, just statics. Map is just terrain (Textures+altitude)

Statics (building/vegetation) comprises two files. For Fel: staix0.mul and statics0.mul. these are what is changed when you freeze in game from RunUO/ServUO

Note that some client versions use diff files for trammel instead of a full set of independent files. This was done back when CDs were popular so it would fit.

If you want to build in both centred and architect, you will be freezing from within RunUO/ServUO, and then sending the updated files to centred and Visa versa.

So to use both tools concurrently you will be doing a lot of back and forth. You will probably want to minimize the tedium a bit and consolidate building as much as possible in each tool before moving files to the other one.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
I mentioned the map file due to the inclusion of Centerd in His post, back when I use to mess with a custom maps, I did just as you mentioned but would move them all around just to keep track of what was what! I forgot to mention the staix0 and if I remember right, there a few others needed for the radar and treasure maps as well!

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
As long as something shows up in the radar when it's frozen then i'm all good. thanks for your help !
Post automatically merged:

I hate having a huge building in a world but just showing an empty green space in the radar

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
HAving good success with this app - however is there an easy way to draw roads in the map? Centred appears to anly allow tile by tile roadbuilding.....

Zavreyon

Squire
Apr 5, 2015
most people do the basic roads with dragon/UOL first. They'll still likely need to be cleaned up in Centred, but it does make it much faster and easier
Post automatically merged:

Also, Owyn released some CentrED+ brushes that may be helpful for you when drawing terrain, will auto trasnition:

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
downloaded! Might have to check out dragon.. but that's just another program to learn at this point ... ugh!

Finaltwist

Squire
Sep 7, 2019
Well, if any of this were easy, it wouldn't be worthwhile.
okay so i added the brushes.. i can see them in allbrushed int he item menu.. i select dirt and click on the map... nothing happens (no change).

DO i have to be using a certain tool??

nevermind! got it workin... need to select "specific tile" from the tool. thanks a lot!! already working on a road and that brush is great

Last edited:

oieamm

Citizen
Apr 30, 2020
Gentlemen, please help me.

I am trying to edit my server map with CentrED + version 0.7.09 and our client is version 7.0.85 the last one.
unfortunately I can't open it, it shows me an error.

"Range check error"

Can someone help me ?

Discord: Wise#2808