TheArt submitted a new resource:

CentrED+ Upload - Since the official CentrED+ site is down, I figured I'd share my copy of CentrED+

Since the site for CentrED+ is down, I decided to share my copy of CentrED+

Please make a note that I am not the creator of CentrED+
I cannot support CentrED+ as I don't even know where I could begin on bringing it back, nor do I know if it is Open Source or closed Source.

You will be using this program with the understanding that the original Dev isn't supporting it.

I have included a snapshot from the Wayback Machine that includes instruction on how...

Read more about this resource...

Just like everyone else that posted old copies, I couldn't make this one work either. It just gave error after error and its not in english. (I am sure there is a way to swap it back into English.) But I wouldn't know how.

All good for me, thanks!
Maybe this will help someone
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Botinok what client version are you using?

Unpacking UOP to MUL from clients version 7.0.35, 7.0.50 and 7.0.95 gave me map0.mul files with sizes of 87 809 bytes, which doesn't match any indicated map sizes in the documentation. The cedserver.exe prompt closes immediately and running it in a command prompt using the START/B command outputs nothing.

Any ideas?

Configure the center on the uop file format and put the 0x001c flag in the format. For example, as follows:

XML:
  <Map>
    <Map>map4LegacyMUL.uop</Map>
    <StaIdx>staidx4.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>statics4.mul</Statics>
    <Width>181</Width>
    <Height>181</Height>
    <Prefix>4</Prefix>
    <Format>0x001C</Format>
  </Map>

And don't forget the Prefix, the number indicates the map used. Here you see number 4, because I use map4.

Easy fix, thanks! I can't believe I have not seen that recommended when searching older threads.

If I may abuse your knowledge... Would you recommend a client version as I'm starting a new server? I've read 7.0.50 is the maximum recommended version to avoid issues with CentrED, but it was old threads - is that still the case? I'd like to use the latest possible to have all new arts and not be limited in adding custom arts as well.

Just like everyone else that posted old copies, I couldn't make this one work either. It just gave error after error and its not in english. (I am sure there is a way to swap it back into English.) But I wouldn't know how.
I included the the Register Edit file, make sure to double click on that, it will pop up with a warning from windows saying 'are you sure you want to'. Yes, yes you are sure you want to if you want it to allow for you to edit the language.

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner in response. The registry file is 100% necessary.

I was having the same issue and also having an issue with a regular install, even though I had installed this on previous systems. Golfin actually had a reg edit file I think that I snagged from somewhere here in ServUO and included in the zip.

Configure the center on the uop file format and put the 0x001c flag in the format. For example, as follows:

XML:
  <Map>
    <Map>map4LegacyMUL.uop</Map>
    <StaIdx>staidx4.mul</StaIdx>
    <Statics>statics4.mul</Statics>
    <Width>181</Width>
    <Height>181</Height>
    <Prefix>4</Prefix>
    <Format>0x001C</Format>
  </Map>

And don't forget the Prefix, the number indicates the map used. Here you see number 4, because I use map4.

Where do I change that?

Can you explain like I was 8? hehe

thank you!

centrED + "0.7.9" = Did any of you save the source code or have a source for it? Some things should be updated, not just the graphics.

Es gibt nur eine Quelle für ältere ced+, die StaticZ an den ursprünglichen ced-Autor https://git.aksdb.de/aksdb/CentrED/src/branch/CentrED+ gesendet hat, ich glaube, es war Version 0.7.6 oder älter. Es fehlen also Änderungen zwischen Quelle und neuester verfügbarer Binärdatei.
es, das ist die Version 6.1, ich glaube, es ist die letzte, die er aktiv mit Pascal entwickelt hat. Danke für deinen Link, obwohl ich ihn bereits kannte oder die Version habe. Ich dachte, vielleicht hat jemand hier die aktuelle Quelle, damit wir Grafiken und einige andere Dinge anpassen können. Zum Beispiel habe ich die Sprache .ini ins Deutsche übersetzt, damit sie auch verfügbar ist.
CentrED German.ini Language, Just throw it into the directory, select it, and you're done

Attachments

• German.rar
    7.6 KB · Views: 8
CentrED server opens for a moment for me after setup, and suddenly closes. Xml file is created, and I fail to find out where is the error. Can somebody give an advice?
I tried running it as admin, the same.

Back