CentrEd+ 0.7.9

No permission to download

TwilightRaven

Squire
Oct 29, 2016
Pennsylvania
Shard Name
Guardia
Hey Joshua. This is Walter. My account was on the fritz so - anyway I downloaded the files you sent me and made the changes from the instructions to the core files and the custom scripts. I tried the command "[exportclientfiles" but all it did was pop the command over my head. Any ideas?

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
So I rather not hijack this thread to support another script. Post issues on the resource page itself I provided you. I will respond in PM :)

Oct 12, 2016
Could anyone please help me about this error? I didnt have any clue what this is :S

======= CentrED+ Server [Version: 0.7.9 Build: 270] =======
Copyright: "UO CentrED" ver 0.6.1 (c) 2009 Andreas Schneider
: "CentrED+" version (c) 2017 StaticZ (uoquint.com)
[13:31:32] Language loaded: English
[13:31:32] Config file loaded: "cedserver.xml"
[13:31:32] Initialization starting
[13:31:32] Loading: Map, Statics, StaIdx, Tiledata
[13:31:32] Creating: Cache, Tiledata, Indexation, RadarMap
An unhandled exception occurred at $0045A83B :
EAccessViolation : Access violation
$0045A83B
$0044BA2F
$0044B546
$0041CAFF
$00401C38

StaticZ

Squire
Aug 12, 2013
Russia, Moscow
dev.uoquint.com
Shard Name
Quintessence
check config file, make sure files are existing and application have access (windows can block access to drive C as some antivirus can help moving to other location or lunching with admin rights)

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
Also that could mean that you may have servuo or the client that is using those files open, windows will only let one program at a time access files like that. Glad to see you StaticZ, thought you left us. lol

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Donate money to this user
I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the the fact that I'm using two different size files. My map0.mul file was created by DragonMod @ 6144x4096 and I'm using StaidX0, Statics0 files from the latest update from Broadsword.

I've tried the width at 768 and 896, and I've also played with every Format setting. And the server does not launch, so is it because of the difference in file versions? If so, how can I get my map to the necessary size to match the latest staidx and statics? Or get the statics/staidx to the same version as the map?

<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
<Prefix>0</Prefix>
<Format>0x0000001C</Format>

sahisahi

Knight
Jan 13, 2016
How to 2nd floor?

I click virtual layer increase the height and i cant build another floor above the first one, it only let me put roofs :S

centred.png

• Haha
Reactions: WizardTim
Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Have we lost further development of Centered? =(
I wouldn't say that development has been lost. It's just diminished. The current owner probably has limited time available to advance the application, but from what we've seen from past attempts to request the source so that other developers could advance the application, the current developer will NOT release it.

He was last commenting in this thread on: StaticZ,Oct 24, 2018

otimpyre

Squire
Dec 5, 2013
Ringgold, Georgia
Donate
I wouldn't say that development has been lost. It's just diminished. The current owner probably has limited time available to advance the application, but from what we've seen from past attempts to request the source so that other developers could advance the application, the current developer will NOT release it.

He was last commenting in this thread on: StaticZ,Oct 24, 2018
I am really hoping and looking forward to a client version update so I can build my dream shard =(

Apocalypse

Squire
Jan 24, 2016
I would love to see more development tool updates, period.. So many outdated tools that we are just trying to make work haha.

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
I am really hoping and looking forward to a client version update so I can build my dream shard =(
Yeah, I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm just trying to figure out how to build my dream map from scratch. All the tools that I had once used (2003) timeframe are outdated and have been changed or updated, or the files that need to be created are different from what they use to be so the files that those tools would make won't work at all. It's a mess.

And then you talk to some people that state they are using a custom application to accomplish map making but they won't share that info or knowledge to you. However they will allow you to build out your map and send it to them for them to "create." Sorry, but while I'm all for sharing things, handing over something like that seems a bit much in my mind.

I know with the above statement though that this will sound contradicting, however I do think this community is suffering from a lack of sharing of tools and knowledge. The reason why I justify not wanting to share a map initially is because A: It's incomplete. B: I want to create it and not be burdening someone every few days for adjustments every time I change things. C: A map is a very personal thing, it's your artistic creation... (I suppose you could argue code/applications to be the same).

Either way. It's sad that the UO emulator community that once was about the free creation and sharing of the UO experience, has become so much of a "for profit" and jaded industry.

Apocalypse

Squire
Jan 24, 2016
I created my map from scratch that im working on now. I used UOLandscaper but i think it was a UOL knockoff? If my computer wasnt smashed by a virus, i would put it up for grabs... its hard to find programs these days and i have gone into deep, deep google searches and pulled utilities off of half working sites.. Then i just roll into centered to fix anything that needs it.

map.png

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
I created my map from scratch that im working on now. I used UOLandscaper but i think it was a UOL knockoff? If my computer wasnt smashed by a virus, i would put it up for grabs... its hard to find programs these days and i have gone into deep, deep google searches and pulled utilities off of half working sites.. Then i just roll into centered to fix anything that needs it.

View attachment 12642
So UOLandscaper is the tool you used to create the landmass shapes? And you're potentially battling a virus at the moment?

Apocalypse

Squire
Jan 24, 2016
So UOLandscaper is the tool you used to create the landmass shapes? And you're potentially battling a virus at the moment?
Yeah the basic land shapes and all that come from from UOL and then go in with centered and build and modify
[doublepost=1546989648][/doublepost]And the virus dealt with but it locked down all my stuff

sahisahi

Knight
Jan 13, 2016
Google how to remove rasomware
[doublepost=1546992485][/doublepost]
Yeah, I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm just trying to figure out how to build my dream map from scratch. All the tools that I had once used (2003) timeframe are outdated and have been changed or updated, or the files that need to be created are different from what they use to be so the files that those tools would make won't work at all. It's a mess.

And then you talk to some people that state they are using a custom application to accomplish map making but they won't share that info or knowledge to you. However they will allow you to build out your map and send it to them for them to "create." Sorry, but while I'm all for sharing things, handing over something like that seems a bit much in my mind.

I know with the above statement though that this will sound contradicting, however I do think this community is suffering from a lack of sharing of tools and knowledge. The reason why I justify not wanting to share a map initially is because A: It's incomplete. B: I want to create it and not be burdening someone every few days for adjustments every time I change things. C: A map is a very personal thing, it's your artistic creation... (I suppose you could argue code/applications to be the same).

Either way. It's sad that the UO emulator community that once was about the free creation and sharing of the UO experience, has become so much of a "for profit" and jaded industry.
Once you open your shard your map will not be private anymore.. Anyone can take the files and do whatevet

Apocalypse

Squire
Jan 24, 2016
oh i did but this ransomware isnt curable yet so i have all the files saved for one day when it is. Yes, anyone can steal your stuff. Sucks..