No permission to download
Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Donate money to this user
Google how to remove rasomware
[doublepost=1546992485][/doublepost]

Once you open your shard your map will not be private anymore.. Anyone can take the files and do whatevet

Oh I understand that part of it. But then it's at least the completed design. Not part way in and someone is now stealing your work. I know, it's a weird double standard in a way, but I do think it differs.
[doublepost=1547011038][/doublepost]And just so that anyone can get it. I've got the latest version of Centred+ 0.7.9 (Client + Server) available for download in my signature.

Reactions: Tim and sahisahi

skewskewskew

Citizen
Apr 1, 2019
Does anyone have the .xml files (tilesentry and tilesgroup) cleaned up for a ML-ish client? The file that comes with the base download has all the new boats and the like, along with many new walls and other items, and it's causing errors.

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Citizen
Apr 8, 2020
Hello, is the code open source? I read that it's possible to run on Linux, but I can't find a downloadable version of it or the source code to compile it myself

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Donate money to this user
Hello, is the code open source? I read that it's possible to run on Linux, but I can't find a downloadable version of it or the source code to compile it myself
This application is not opensource sadly. It hasn't been updated in 2 years, and the lead dev. has declined sharing the code to prominent developers in the community many times. His response was always to download the OLD code that he used to work on, as he did't even create the software originally. Sadly, people are more about the fame, money or control than aiding the community and passing the torch to active people.

If you talk to a lot of people about map making, you'll find quite a few people that claim they've made their own application(s) to do the job, or have some amazing program and techniques, but will NOT share those resources. It's sad, and I think this mindset has set the community back over the years. Good luck with your endeavors and research.

This is one of the old code links I found.

Fire-Dragon-DoL

Citizen
Apr 8, 2020
This application is not opensource sadly. It hasn't been updated in 2 years, and the lead dev. has declined sharing the code to prominent developers in the community many times. His response was always to download the OLD code that he used to work on, as he did't even create the software originally. Sadly, people are more about the fame, money or control than aiding the community and passing the torch to active people.

If you talk to a lot of people about map making, you'll find quite a few people that claim they've made their own application(s) to do the job, or have some amazing program and techniques, but will NOT share those resources. It's sad, and I think this mindset has set the community back over the years. Good luck with your endeavors and research.

This is one of the old code links I found.
Damn, that's incredibly annoying.
I did get the app to run on ubuntu using wine, but apparently it supports only up to 7.0.18 as client.
I'm currently sticking to an older client version (7.0.15), since I'm alone and want to focus on the gameplay currently. Editing the map is a need for my idea, but I don't have the bandwidth to build something like that myself.

Last but not least, since ClassicUO is open source, it might be possible to just alter that client instead and support different files, while using the files from the old client.

The source code is in Pascal apparently, so I'd need to study another programming language. While that's relatively simple at this point, I don't really want to invest in that to bring that app up-to-standard. Might be easier to create a converter between file formats.

TheArt

Squire
Oct 21, 2018
Shard Name
Planes of Etria
I am going to say, after fiddling around with a few things, I managed to get this up and running. I want to apologize for having a moment of dumb.

Catarina

Citizen
Jun 28, 2018
im having some trouble. im trying to build a whole map and make mountains. i do know how to make them, but i cant see them how i see it in the game. The titles are black and seem out of place, out of hight. is there something wrong with my titledata? is there a way i can see how its goona look in game?