CentrEd+

CentrEd+ 0.7.9

No permission to download

Zaan

Citizen
I've tryied to run postinstallation files on other PC, also the one that @golfin provided but I'm facing issue when try tu run client:
1625233681108.png
Does anyone have solution for this?
Any registryKeys need to be updated etc?

Bob1111

Citizen
I think, those registry keys need to be updated :Capture.JPG

Sorry, my computer is in french, but it's the missing keys that you need to make it work.

Someone in my team has the same issues that you have, she will probably try to fix it later on today with this registry key. If you find the answer, I
want to know it.

Last edited:

Zaan

Citizen
Ok,
so i have sollution.
Extracted registy entry from my working copy of CentrED+ (attached)
when you install it you need to change "InstallPath" entry to Your CentrED+ folder
1625259674167.png
an it should work fine

Thank You for pointing location of this registry !!

Attachments

• centerd.7z
    385 bytes · Views: 45

golfin

Squire
The CentrED-plus.exe application itself is virus-free. You need that to run. It is no longer possible to install. But, interestingly, Kaspersky finds a trojan, avira does not find. Although it is true that Kaspersky uses a more heuristic method to scan for viruses.

Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal

Arthrutus

Citizen
So I got the 0.7.9 centrED+ server up and running perfectly. The only issue I am facing is a range error and a bunch of access violation errors. I'm not sure what to make of these. I did try to change permissions, run as admin, place into downloads folder, compatibility, etc. Note that I am using maps from the patched 5.0.9.1. If anyone has the 0.7.8 version of CentrED, I would love to try it out as I heard this was more compatible. Thanks.

Joshua

Squire
Can only find the 0.7.7 version, I downloaded the installer from the site (the broken one) and used an inno setup extractor, this is what came out of the second most recently released version. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• CentredED 0.7.7.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 12

Arthrutus

Citizen
Can only find the 0.7.7 version, I downloaded the installer from the site (the broken one) and used an inno setup extractor, this is what came out of the second most recently released version. Hope this helps.
Hi Joshua,

The version you sent me seems to work (server is stable) but I continue to receive the exact same errors. I have posted pictures of said errors to hopefully receive a solution. I assume that these are permission errors preventing access to the client files. I am currently running Windows 10 which may explain it. I will be trying a different client version of UO to see if this remedies the issue. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.png
    2.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.png
    3.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.png
    4.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.png
    5.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 13

golfin

Squire
These errors are not related to the server, but to the application with which you log on to that server. Feel free to use the latest version of center + 0.7.9. I recommend redesigning the server settings. Put all the files directly in the PEBinaries folder. You can try to set the Flag Format to 0x0004. The centred.xml configuration file would look like this:
<Map>
<Map>map0.mul</Map>
<StaIdx>staidx0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>statics0.mul</Statics>
<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
<Prefix>0</Prefix>
<Format>0x0004</Format>
</Map>
<Tiledata>tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
<Radarcol>radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
Do you use ML map? Set the size to 896x512, if the older map, set 768x512. Flag needs to be tried. I think it will work safely 0x0000, but if you are using an ML size map, you can try setting 0x0004. More on the wiki: Start and server setup - CentrEd+ - Quintessence

And now to the very mistake that is happening to you.
In AppData/Local/CentrED-plus/Profiles / (name of your profile) delete the RadarMap.cache and TilesEntry.cache files. If you have not created a profile, delete these files where you have them. Then download these two new files and paste them where you deleted them. I recommend that you create and save a new profile on the program login window. And paste these two files into a folder with the name of the profile that you save. Then the program should no longer create your mentioned mistakes. Then run the program using the CentrED-plus.exe application in the PEBinaries folder.

Attachments

• cache.zip
    857.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Arthrutus

Citizen
These errors are not related to the server, but to the application with which you log on to that server. Feel free to use the latest version of center + 0.7.9. I recommend redesigning the server settings. Put all the files directly in the PEBinaries folder. You can try to set the Flag Format to 0x0004. The centred.xml configuration file would look like this:

Do you use ML map? Set the size to 896x512, if the older map, set 768x512. Flag needs to be tried. I think it will work safely 0x0000, but if you are using an ML size map, you can try setting 0x0004. More on the wiki: Start and server setup - CentrEd+ - Quintessence

In AppData/Local/CentrED-plus/Profiles / (name of your profile) delete the RadarMap.cache and TilesEntry.cache files. If you have not created a profile, delete these files where you have them. Then download these two new files and paste them where you deleted them. I recommend that you create and save a new profile on the program login window. And paste these two files into a folder with the name of the profile that you save. Then the program should no longer create your mentioned mistakes. Then run the program using the CentrED-plus.exe application in the PEBinaries folder.
Thank you friend! The file you have uploaded solved my issues. I am now able to use the program! I hope this post helps future users of CentrED+ 0.7.9!

golfin

Squire
I plan to write instructions for problems with the centred + program. I just haven't gotten to that yet. I have little time.

lord malvo

Citizen
Hello, when i try to create the server the application just crashes without creating any xml file, any clue? also Golfin, do you use discord? :D

lord malvo

Citizen
ok finally i managed to create the server now i get another error

"connection interrupted by the host"

[19:08:49] Error: 127.0.0.1 :: Send error [10054]: Connessione in corso interrotta forzatamente dall'host remoto.
[19:08:56] Log out: 127.0.0.1

Last edited:

golfin

Squire
The error is in the centred.xml settings you sent me. See also discord. for others, it is good to understand the wiki that Staticz wrote. Each version of the UO works differently and requires different settings in the centred.xml configuration file.
Post automatically merged:

Thus, the error was not only in the configuration file settings, but also in combining different versions of UO files. This means that if you want to use an ML map, you must have tiled data from the ML. In this case it was the ML map and the tiledata renaissance. It is bad. It won't work. As you type, say straight away what version of the UO you are using, what files, and whether you are combining those files. This will save us a lot of time for unnecessary discussions.

Last edited:

bororeh

Citizen

I don't know which kind of magic you did here but it worked. Thank you very much, kind sir!!

golfin

Squire
No spells. Each global edition of Ultima Online is different and sometimes has a change in the files, which are then not compatible with the older version of the UO edition. And center + is very prone to these changes.

HellRazor

Citizen
The installer isn't able to download the files it needs to install the program. Anyone have all the client and server files for v0.7.9 they can post?

Arthrutus

Citizen
The installer isn't able to download the files it needs to install the program. Anyone have all the client and server files for v0.7.9 they can post?

This is my google drive with a few version of CentrED+. For newer version of CentrED+, you will need to plug in the included registry file and update the caches for the program to run. Granted, plugging in unknown registry files from the internet is unwise, but it's there if you really need it. Older versions, such as 6.3, don't require this registry patch.