what client should I be running?

I have a linux ServUO server and when I sign into it with my 7.0.10.3 client it goes beserk. I know I have the client files path set and was thinking maybe the client is wrong.

lol, you got through the linux issues, now onto client flak, huh?

Depending on what your Core.<version> is set at.. if its set to highest.. Core.HS then you should use the current client.. some 7.0.3x I believe.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by client go's bezerk?

I was able to take a picture of my desktop when it happened, because with the putty I can't copy and paste the issue ------------

Attachments

• 07-17-2014 0533.jpeg
    07-17-2014 0533.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 10
I do know with Servuo you can use up to 7.0.34.23 with no problems, I thought you could login the server that SS is pretty hard to read.

If you have not already adjusted or edited your Core version, it should be set at the highest version, or Core.HS so you would want to use the more current Client.
It almost reads like its not finding files, but those are some errors I have not seen before, and I am no linux user either.

Do you have Ultima Online actually installed on the machine, or just dropped into a folder somewhere

I can't upload the files, it wont let me, but here is a log file of the crash made by the server ----------

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5312.16771
Operating System: Unix 3.13.0.24
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.17020
Time: 7/18/2014 2:55:24 PM
Mobiles: 0
Items: 5
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/jburns/ServUO/Saves/Staff Runebook/Rune Accounts.xml".
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity (System.Uri absoluteUri, System.String role, System.Type ofObjectToReturn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GetStreamFromUrl (System.String url, System.String& absoluteUriString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadTextReader (Int32 remained) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.PeekChar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.EntityResolvingXmlReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.DTDValidatingReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.DTDValidatingReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Xml.Schema.XsdValidatingReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Joeku.SR.SR_Load.ReadData (System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Joeku.SR.SR_Main.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke (System.String method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Clients:
- Count: 0

This might help with your copy/paste with Putty.. Glad to see you're getting closer!

"Copy and paste works similarly to the X Window System. You use the left mouse button to select text in the PuTTY window. The act of selection automatically copies the text to the clipboard: there is no need to press Ctrl-Ins or Ctrl-C or anything else. In fact, pressing Ctrl-C will send a Ctrl-C character to the other end of your connection (just like it does the rest of the time), which may have unpleasant effects. The only thing you need to do, to copy text to the clipboard, is to select it.

To paste the clipboard contents into a PuTTY window, by default you click the right mouse button. If you have a three-button mouse and are used to X applications, you can configure pasting to be done by the middle button instead, but this is not the default because most Windows users don't have a middle button at all."

You can also paste by pressing Shift-Ins.

Is the staff runebook script writing the file as a linux directory meaning proper slashes / instead of \ ?
I had this problem on linux with a few scripts. Maybe check folder permissions.

Last edited:
I changed permissions for every file and folder so anything can read and write them.

Recompiled the server, and still getting problems. I would like to cut and paste, but this thing is restarting itself too quickly.

This is what I did, I am hoping it helps.
I had a single folder named "Saves\Staff Runebook", yes, it was all one name. And ServUO could not find the save folder for it. Now i see why. On top of that, I had a "Saves" folder that contained everything else. Fixed everything, copying software back onto server and working on recompiling the server and seeing how it goes.

And the server crashes when I sign into it. More problems, time to sit down and take a look at them.

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5312.36909
Operating System: Unix 3.13.0.24
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.17020
Time: 7/19/2014 2:22:08 AM
Mobiles: 0
Items: 5
Exception:
System.IO.IOException: Invalid handle to path "/home/jburns/ServUO/[Unknown]"
at System.IO.FileStream.ReadData (IntPtr handle, System.Byte[] buf, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream.ReadInternal (System.Byte[] dest, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream.Read (System.Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.StreamReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.TermInfoDriver.ReadKeyInternal (System.Boolean& fresh) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.TermInfoDriver.ReadLine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.ConsoleDriver.ReadLine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Console.ReadLine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Server.Misc.ServerConsole.ConsoleListen (System.Object stateInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Only thing I can think of off the top off my head is permissions, correct path and case. We're wrapping up listing our shard. When I get some free time I'll try it again. I need to reinstall your distro as I was using Kali last night for something.

Back