I have 2 super annoying issues with this currently which I'm hoping someone can help me out with, first off players cannot view the vendor unless you use the Jewel Gump which works and that's totally fine, however the stone is not persistent and will reset on server restart causing you to have to change the stone back to the Jewel Gump on every stone.. second and possibly not fixable players cannot view the items in a container although it says it's opening it, staff have no issues with it see below..
2022-03-07_18-42-25.gif

To add to this, the old stone still works when viewing the chest as a player. Also is there a way to default the gump to the Jewl Gump like the old stone as well? It seems to work on server restart but it's outdated and has some issues. Anyways I'll let you be now, just really want to use this lol.

Attachments

• CustomCurrency.cs
    107.6 KB · Views: 14
To add to this, the old stone still works when viewing the chest as a player. Also is there a way to default the gump to the Jewl Gump like the old stone as well? It seems to work on server restart but it's outdated and has some issues. Anyways I'll let you be now, just really want to use this lol.
Have you found a working fix for this yet?

I set the chests to spawn -100 z from the stone so the players never truly see the container, to make it work while they're not visible would likely require some core edits and I never bothered to look into it that much.

As for defaulting to the working gump find this in the StoneRewardVendor.cs:
C#:
        public StoneRewardVendor()
        {
            m_Currency = new Currency();
            m_Rewards = new RewardCollection();
            m_Box = new DisplayBox();

ItemID = 0xEDC;
            Name = "Stone Vendor";

WorldRewardVendors.RegisterVendor(this);

m_Box_Holder = new StoneRewardHolder(this);
            m_Box_Holder.DropItem(m_Box);

this.Movable = false;
        }
and add the following line into it:
C#:
            m_Menu = typeof(JewlRewardGump);

For example mine is set to:
C#:
        {

ItemID = 0xEDC;
            Name = "Stone Vendor";

this.Movable = false;
        }

This defaults to the Jewl Reward Gump which seems to be the only working gump.

I set the chests to spawn -100 z from the stone so the players never truly see the container, to make it work while they're not visible would likely require some core edits and I never bothered to look into it that much.

As for defaulting to the working gump find this in the StoneRewardVendor.cs:
C#:
        {

ItemID = 0xEDC;
            Name = "Stone Vendor";

this.Movable = false;
        }
and add the following line into it:
C#:

For example mine is set to:
C#:
        {

ItemID = 0xEDC;
            Name = "Stone Vendor";

this.Movable = false;
        }

This defaults to the Jewl Reward Gump which seems to be the only working gump.
Well this was working fine for awhile. And then for some reason all my Vendor Stones are now screaming:
"The current display is invalid, try setting gump back to default, JewlRewardGump."
I never changed or clicked anything the server restarted and now they all keep screaming about need the Jewl Gump when I ahve never used anything else and have made the edit to StoneRewardVendor.cs as you mentioned above so JewlRewardGump is the default gump. I'm so confused.
479b324f4928e5b551e703a4d17c7f0e.png

Last edited:
Did you place the stones before or after you changed the default setting?
Downloaded the script,
Made the changes you mentioned to make,
Placed stones tested them they worked,
Filled them they worked fine,
One day randomly after restart they say they are in the wrong format now. *Shrugs*

I have some on my server but they haven't reverted to the old gump due to that change so I haven't seen them requesting me to change the gump.. I had seen that exact issue before the changes I made though so that's why I asked before or after.. at the moment I am at a loss.. :(

Do you absolutely need these stones or do you happen to use Vita Nex at all?

I have some on my server but they haven't reverted to the old gump due to that change so I haven't seen them requesting me to change the gump.. I had seen that exact issue before the changes I made though so that's why I asked before or after.. at the moment I am at a loss.. :(

Do you absolutely need these stones or do you happen to use Vita Nex at all?
I have Vita Nex installed but admittedly have never messed with it.

Vita has a "DynamicVendor" which you can use, you can customize what he takes as payment and it all loads into the standard UO UI for buying stuff, you can props him for some settings. Then just drop items in his backpack, single click them, set a cost and voila you're done. I have used those before as well and other than the gump not showing your new currency they work amazingly!

Vita has a "DynamicVendor" which you can use, you can customize what he takes as payment and it all loads into the standard UO UI for buying stuff, you can props him for some settings. Then just drop items in his backpack, single click them, set a cost and voila you're done. I have used those before as well and other than the gump not showing your new currency they work amazingly!
Thanks I'll look into it.

I'll also keep fighting with this old code and if I figure out why they keep breaking I'll throw a line here.

He was in 5.2, I'm on 5.3 now. What version are you on?
4.0 o_O

I did not realize it was so outdated xD
I apparently downloaded it when this update was posted:
"This version will likely be the final ever public release of VNc."
and looking at 5.3.0.1 yeah that's not happening I don't trust myself enough to gut the 4.0 version and replace it with the 5.3.0.1 version that's asking for me to permanently break my server lol. So back to Brute forcing this StoneRewardVendor.cs file to work properly lol.

EDIT: Realized I wasn't using Vita for a single thing, so just removed it all together lol.

Last edited:
Hello using runuo 2.7
CompletelyCustomizableVendor.cs:
CS0246: Line 2328: Could not find type or namespace name 'ItemTileButtonInfo' (missing using directive or assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 1992: Could not find type or namespace name 'ItemTileButtonInfo' (missing using directive or assembly reference?)

Back