ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
High Seas
Hello! I'm trying to find out what can be the best editor if I need to edit some parts of existing maps? Client is pretty late, definitely not 7.0.20.
CentrED+ doesn't seem to work with it.

You have customized files and map is probably in ML+ size and statics are from pre-ML size. Which size do you want to have? For map editing first make a copy of needed files for ced server. It's better not to share files that you are actively modifying with the client as there will be issues. When you finish editing files you need to copy then to your uo client's / server directories to update.

You can use radmapcopy or uofiddler Releases · polserver/UOFiddler to resize. Radmapcopy will be probably a bit easier as it is created just for that :)

But first you'd need to say which client version are you trying to target and which map size you need.

Attachments

• radmapcopy301.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
You have customized files and map is probably in ML+ size and statics are from pre-ML size. Which size do you want to have? For map editing first make a copy of needed files for ced server. It's better not to share files that you are actively modifying with the client as there will be issues. When you finish editing files you need to copy then to your uo client's / server directories to update.

You can use radmapcopy or uofiddler Releases · polserver/UOFiddler to resize. Radmapcopy will be probably a bit easier as it is created just for that :)

But first you'd need to say which client version are you trying to target and which map size you need.
Thank you! But those files are not customized or modified, it's from a fresh copy of client of 7.0.86.2 version; I downloaded it a while ago via official installer. Yeah, it's definitely post-ML.

But I was sure it has same 896 x 512 dimensions, and I thought to keep it.

So now I'm a bit confused.
Smal update - tried with unmodified 7.0.20.0, and also getting a bit similar errors :-(
centred error 2.png

Last edited:
is this latest ced#? Do you input any map size when starting server?
Yes, it's what I downloaded yesterday from CentrED# by Server WIndows x64 link.

And again yes, here's the server xml that I was running (changed only path when tried 7.0.20.0 after 7.0.86.2):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CEDConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Version="5">
<CentrEdPlus>false</CentrEdPlus>
<Port>2597</Port>
<Map>
<Map>C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic For Edit\map0.mul</Map>
<StaIdx>C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic For Edit\statics0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic For Edit\staidx0.mul</Statics>
<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
</Map>
<Tiledata>C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic For Edit\tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
<Radarcol>C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic For Edit\radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
<Hues>hues.mul</Hues>
<Accounts>
<Account>
<Name>admin</Name>
<PasswordHash>21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3</PasswordHash>
<AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
<LastPos x="0" y="0" />
<Regions />
<LastLogon>0001-01-01T00:00:00</LastLogon>
</Account>
</Accounts>
<Regions />
<AutoBackup>
<Enabled>false</Enabled>
<Directory>backups</Directory>
<MaxBackups>7</MaxBackups>
<Interval>PT12H</Interval>
</AutoBackup>
</CEDConfig>

That's 7.0.20 files clean 1713004970768.png so it works just fine. Your files must have been modified or you are pointing ced to wrong files :) Make yourself a copy of map/statics/staidix/tiledata and radarcol files and put them in ced folder :D
And for client's 7.0.24+ that use .uop map format you have to specify at least file name when starting fresh ced so when it asks for map0.mul you just type map0LegacyMUL.uop or full path if it's not in ced# server directory.

That's 7.0.20 files clean View attachment 23686 so it works just fine. Your files must have been modified or you are pointing ced to wrong files :) Make yourself a copy of map/statics/staidix/tiledata and radarcol files and put them in ced folder :D
I tried now 7.0.20.0 from archive, copied all the required files directly to CentrED, changed paths accordingly, and still error. I don't know why.
What sizes are your files in 20?
For me, staidx0 is 5 505 024, and statics0 is 19 938 289.centred error 3.png

89 915 392 - map0.mul
5 505 024 - staidx0.mul
19 938 289 - statics0.mul

you have messed up staidx with statics in setup :) 5MB vs 19MB

See?

XML:
<StaIdx>C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic For Edit\statics0.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic For Edit\staidx0.mul</Statics>

you put file names in wrong order.

So, I still don't know what I did but here's what worked:
- Removed xml config file
- Copied all required 7.0.20.0 files to CED folder (rewrote existing)
- Launched CED
- Went through steps
- It generated xml without words about errors and now loads seemingly fine.

Thus, I suppose it has something to do with starting initially while having those files in folder of server, and not in game's folder because it's basically the only different action.

centred error 4.png

You just typed staidx0.mul when it asked for statics0.mul and vice versa :D and for newer client you created empty map instead of poiting it to valid .uop map

You just typed staidx0.mul when it asked for statics0.mul and vice versa :D and for newer client you created empty map instead of poiting it to valid .uop map
Oh! Now I feel stupid :) Yes, seems so.
Thank you for helping with finding it out man, and for your patience!

Hey! Sorry for one more question but I ran into a problem while editing Trammel map from the same version 7.0.86.2:

When I try to open this map1, I get the error that it's seemingly "one block larger", and CentrED creates "map1.mul.extrablock" file in addition to normal map1.mul

centred error trammel 1.png

I can edit this map but when I try to pack it into uop via uoptool, music disappears in game, and all the Trammel map becomes kinda messed, invisible walls, artifacts while moving etc.

map1 from 7.0.20.0 was opened by CentrED without such a problem; didn't try to pack it yet because I'm now trying to figure out what's going on with 86. Maybe you have some ideas why does it happen?

As I understood Trammel and Felucca are of equal size in game, and so the only changes in xml file must be changingt 0 to 1 in three files. Here's what my xml looks like now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CEDConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Version="5">
<CentrEdPlus>false</CentrEdPlus>
<Port>2597</Port>
<Map>
<Map>map1.mul</Map> (changed these three only - my comment now)
<StaIdx>staidx1.mul</StaIdx>
<Statics>statics1.mul</Statics>
<Width>896</Width>
<Height>512</Height>
</Map>
<Tiledata>tiledata.mul</Tiledata>
<Radarcol>radarcol.mul</Radarcol>
<Hues>hues.mul</Hues>
<Accounts>
<Account>
<Name>admin</Name>
<PasswordHash>21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3</PasswordHash>
<AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel>
<LastPos x="3704" y="2608" />
<Regions />
<LastLogon>2024-04-14T18:24:46.6912381+02:00</LastLogon>
</Account>
</Accounts>
<Regions />
<AutoBackup>
<Enabled>false</Enabled>
<Directory>backups</Directory>
<MaxBackups>7</MaxBackups>
<Interval>PT12H</Interval>
</AutoBackup>
</CEDConfig>

Update - I fixed the problems with sound and artifacts; it was unrelated (some bug when repacking nonrelated files too; repacking only the map I edited helped).

However, the problem with the wrong size of Trammel still remains :-(

Why do you even unpack map if ced+ and ced# can read and edit uop as it is? I'm not sure what uoptool is but I'd assume that probably when converting back to uop something is wrong.

Yes for some time now maps in newer clients contains extra block which looks like garbage data. You can remove that block from the end of the file or use a tool that can do this.

Why do you even unpack map if ced+ and ced# can read and edit uop as it is? I'm not sure what uoptool is but I'd assume that probably when converting back to uop something is wrong.

Yes for some time now maps in newer clients contains extra block which looks like garbage data. You can remove that block from the end of the file or use a tool that can do this.
I saw in manuals that I need to use paths to MUL files and was sure UOPs aren't supported.
You mean I can instead of <Map>map0.mul</Map> just put in xml <Map>map0LegacyMUL.uop</Map> and it will work? Or in some other way?

Yes. Centred+ and ced# can read and edit uop just fine.
Thank you! Yes, this way it works fine, at least so far I didn't find problems with map editing or playing with it.
"
[INFO] 15.04.2024 23:57:10 C:\Games\Electronic Arts\CentrED-Windows-X64\map1LegacyMUL.uop is larger than configured size by 1 blocks (196 bytes)
[INFO] 15.04.2024 23:57:10 This is normal for newer clients.
"

Even with explanation, bravo.

Back