I'm willing to create my own assistant, anybody know about any open source ones so i can pick a look?
I'm a total noob at packets and coded-network.

Thanks.

Edit:
found this:
https://github.com/necr0potenc3/Razor

but i'm not sure if it stills "applies" (as in trustworty (as in Stuff.cs)).

Last edited:
If anyone knows how to reach Mark (from RunUO), maybe he'd be willing to give you Razor's source. I don't really see why it would be an issue now that RunUO has fallen to the wayside. Personally, I think it would be great to see a ConnectUO and Razor combo and I know that Jeff is floating around here and I know ConnectUO's source is here:
https://connectuo.codeplex.com/

Yeah, I knew he released that, but I was under the impression that wasn't the last updated release for it....?

I'm not sure about that. I would be almost certain though that the c++ is current which is the important part. It does all the ASM stuff which is required to interact with the client.

Also, Feeh got in contact with me a while back letting me know that he is making a razor fork with some shard listing features built in. No idea where he is with that project though. It is using the ServUO shardlist API to automatically populate the list. You would need to ask him though where he is with that.

I myself am back at it too with the ServUO launcher since I just finished up a contract I was on and am free again. That is not an assistant though!

razor
Razor Assistant
This source code can be used to build a completely functional Razor installation. Sources for the Crypt and Linker libraries are not included.

Yet it is included xD

Thanks guys, i'll check each of them :p

razor
Razor Assistant
This source code can be used to build a completely functional Razor installation. Sources for the Crypt and Linker libraries are not included.

Yet it is included xD

Thanks guys, i'll check each of them :p

They weren't actually included for a long time due to the fact a more nefarious person could use them for bad, however mark just ended up releasing them one day. I am not sure how I feel about it being public to be honest. But I guess it's been public about a year now and the world hasn't ended!

FYI: It is the latest version. I had been discussing something with Voxpire over the last couple days and was thinking of looking into making something similar. Only rather than having a form with tons of options like Razor, UOSteam, AssistUO have, I was thinking of doing something more like Steam where you press Ctrl+Tab and get an overlay on top of the game you are playing. This would be a lot nicer feeling to be able to stay in game, and not leave when you need to change settings. If done properly, you could create all the UIs associated with the app using GUMP style appearances to really make it feel immersive. This wouldnt be very difficult to do either.

FYI: It is the latest version. I had been discussing something with Voxpire over the last couple days and was thinking of looking into making something similar. Only rather than having a form with tons of options like Razor, UOSteam, AssistUO have, I was thinking of doing something more like Steam where you press Ctrl+Tab and get an overlay on top of the game you are playing. This would be a lot nicer feeling to be able to stay in game, and not leave when you need to change settings. If done properly, you could create all the UIs associated with the app using GUMP style appearances to really make it feel immersive. This wouldnt be very difficult to do either.
That's an awesome idea Jeff (and Vors) !!!
Maybe even bundle it into ServUO with an item that when double-clicked would open the gump, for those that wanted to keep it a bit more RP, but still have the "external" functionality of the program.

That's an awesome idea Jeff (and Vors) !!!
Maybe even bundle it into ServUO with an item that when double-clicked would open the gump, for those that wanted to keep it a bit more RP, but still have the "external" functionality of the program.

Ya, i was thinking of making it a client extension if possible. Make it so you could make a more feature rich client. I dunno, just ideas being tossed around in my head at the moment.

Alright, so i tried launching it and got some errors, i've downloaded Ultima SDK and placed it in the right folder.
Sadly i've got 3 same unsolvable error:
can't find Newtonsoft.JSON thing.

So i've downloaded that: (latest)
https://github.com/JamesNK/Newtonsoft.Json/releases

And i don't know what it is for nor where to put it...
Thats for JSON serialization and deserializaiton. You should learn how to use NUGET, its built into Visual Studio and allows you to install 3rd party package reference with just a couple of clicks, no need to find it and compile it yourself (or find the assemblies yourself).

Right click References on your project, click Manage Nuget Packages. Then search for the one you want, and click Install ;) That easy.

I actually have a 100% C# implementation of Razor in my coding archive somewhere. Maybe I can open source it so you don't have to use C++ ;) It uses EasyHook https://easyhook.codeplex.com/ and namedpipes to transfer data from the injection module to the client handling what to do with packets and such. Ill look at this tonight and see if I can find it. I called it UO Dominator, but lost interest due to RL and ConnectUO.

Thanks, i totally forgot about the references menu xD
I've got the required .dll (NET 4.0'), and when i ran it, i think i had the wrong UltimaSDK (i took the latest on top of the downloads, probably 6.0.0.0) or idk... :c
It keeps shooting me things like:

Error 14 'System.Array' contains no definition for 'Count' and no method 'Count' accepts a first argument of type 'System.Array' was found (directive using or assembly reference is missing?) (translated to english, french comp). (and that's one out of 21 errors...)

It can't be the razor source, otherwise the program wouldn't even be compiled, so i guess i must have done something wrong.
Why isn't razor simply placed as-is with every required dependencies instead of making us run around? xD

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 Express btw.

Also i've looked at the .cpp files, and i must say i would have never been able to do all that myself xD

EDIT: There should also have a "Format" method for the class "StringEntry" in the Ultima folder, which i quite weird as i took the latest one available :/

Last edited:
Where did you get the UltimaSDK from, cause there's like 50 of them, haha. When you paste the error to the forum, you should include the file that the error occurred in. However, Array doesn't have Count, it has Length. Changes are whatever its pointing to is old, or was modified by Zippy. Zippy did make changes to the UltimaSDK because people were hacking the UltimaSDK and including their own code that would modify Razor to their liking (things like botting, auto pots, auto heals, etc). So he made changes to ensure that the UltimaSDK used was the same one he compiled himself.

The source code not having everything is more because Mark released it not Zippy. Zippy probably had things setup a certain way on his computer, Mark probably didnt even look at what was missing, just released it for reference.

That's the one I maintained for a long time. I don't know of one more up to date then that personally, but I'm sure there are. I switched over to making OpenUO in 2012. I would see about fixing whatever is wrong, maybe look at the errors, post them here, with some source and maybe we can help.

Ill take a look when i get a free moment.

I really do think you should learn to solve some of this on your own though, if you are going to be making an assistant program, they are extremely complex, and not being able figure out some of this stuff makes me think you might be slightly in over your head. I am not trying to be negative, or turn you away from learning this, its a great thing to learn. But I feel like you might get overwhelmed and lose interest.

I probably need alot more time looking at the codes, i am not super motived, but still want to keep up and get a working product.
I just don't want to mess up stuffs that i don't need to fix before even starting to code my own things in it.
Once i get to build up the solution and having a working product, i will probably be dead-silent xD

EDIT: i just looked at Ultima SDK 2.0.3
and it looks like it has what i am missing, i'm gonna try it.

Last edited:
I probably need alot more time looking at the codes, i am not super motived, but still want to keep up and get a working product.
I just don't want to mess up stuffs that i don't need to fix before even starting to code my own things in it.
Once i get to build up the solution and having a working product, i will probably be dead-silent xD
Ya, the hard part is gonna be if the network encryption keys moved in memory (which happens on occasion) Razor will stop working (for all I know this source code doesn't work, we will see i guess). Learning how to dissassemble code and figure out what the assembly is doing is really important for this kind of work. You need to know what the UO client is doing in order to make a lot of the changes Razor did, and to fix those changes if the memory addresses move.

EDIT: i just looked at Ultima SDK 2.0.3
and it looks like it has what i am missing, i'm gonna try it.
Cool let me know

That is old information, the sources for both the crypt dll and linker dll are available and allow you to create your own applications that can interact with the clients memory.

I decided to stay away from that for a week or so until i get my custom map compiler made to a "working" state.
Then i'll fully invest into getting that razor to work.

And Jeff, i managed to downsize the errors a tad, but i still need to find most of the missing functions, so i'll go around the web to capture wild code samples in their natural habitat soon.

When i'm done getting it to work i'll post the files that required changes so anybody can get it working quickly.

Back