Does anyone have a tutorial on how to create new blank replacement maps? I have done some searching and while some seem helpful, when I go to use the links they are dead.

I also attempted to reach the owner for darkshard.net and no reply as of yet. I probably ended up in spam or something.

The dvd that's offered is a bit overkill for me. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would even be happy making 5 maps that was just deep water and then use a client to draw, update, then update the statics, etc.

You can wipe statics and redraw the entire map as deep water using Centred or Centred+ in about 5 minutes. If you're not comfortable doing it, just let me know which map you want as all water and I'll get it done for you in the morning.

Thanks! I had originally picked out 5 maps and kept trying to get them to 'pack' and unpack using the UOP tool with UO fiddler. I was only able to get the first two maps to work like I wanted. The third, fourth, and fifth map wouldn't work with a flip, and finding good directions seemed to be non-existent for me or just not knowing where to really look.

To answer your question, the Ilsh map would be great as all water.

That's extremely easily accomplished, just overwrite your current maps with those maps in both the server set of files, and the client set of files.

Your Map2 all deep water is attached. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Map2 all Water.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
That's extremely easily accomplished, just overwrite your current maps with those maps in both the server set of files, and the client set of files.

Your Map2 all deep water is attached. Enjoy!
Thanks for the #2 map, You have a full set?
And what do I use to remake all the land that I want. Can't use Dragon anymore as it makes the wrong sizes. and I can't seam to reset it .

There is a decent how-to, albeit somewhat old, over on RunUO that is still a great start for anyone just starting out. It is still very valid for today.
There are several more options for map making now though.

Back