Hi guys news about carl? I have seen an update on his site but no answer yet......

No one have a direct contact?

Hope so I bought the disk, and hope I can use it.
[doublepost=1528134281][/doublepost]Trying to use
ServUO Repack 1.1 Because it has the UO live loaded, but can't seem to get it working. It may be because I'm using the latest client.

What I think I need to do is change from 75,264kb to 87,809kb as that's the map size problem.
Then I can just switch maps from standard to mine.

Last edited:

Darkshard is gone. and the replacement is http://www.bloodisles.com/index.html . Trouble is you can not contact them.
What I am looking for is maps to replace the last 2 of the six we get from UO. Will try to open before Xmas, but that is with only 4 maps. I really want the other 2 maps, but not the old ones.
to those that have the DVD I am using .
Sosaria_map0
Thanimur-map1
Tolore-map2
Arcanus_ map3
hopefully I will replace the Gargoyle Race with Dwarven.
and adding Halfling as well.
Also I have Dark Elves as a NPc and may add as a player race.
PS/ the DarkShard DVD was the best investment I have made in a long while.

this latest site is not working either.. i would really love to get my hands on one of those maps for a brasilian shard im making, does anyone still know the guys info?

Look under the forum Maps, as I believe some one had posted a few dark shard maps, up pixel also has a few

Darkshard is gone. and the replacement is http://www.bloodisles.com/index.html . Trouble is you can not contact them.
What I am looking for is maps to replace the last 2 of the six we get from UO. Will try to open before Xmas, but that is with only 4 maps. I really want the other 2 maps, but not the old ones.
to those that have the DVD I am using .
Sosaria_map0
Thanimur-map1
Tolore-map2
Arcanus_ map3
hopefully I will replace the Gargoyle Race with Dwarven.
and adding Halfling as well.
Also I have Dark Elves as a NPc and may add as a player race.
PS/ the DarkShard DVD was the best investment I have made in a long while.
Darkshard dvd was great, but it makes the shard too big. takes to long to d/l , as to the race changes, I have tried and there is so much stuff that is tied to things like the Gargoyles. If you get this working, let me know. Hackiem at etscat1 at gmail.com. PS would love to be a beta tester for you, if I can't brake it nobody can. LoL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Initialized 764 Teleporter Regions.
Warning: 1 bad spawns detected, logged: 'badspawn.log'
Cleanup: Detected 8 inaccessible items, removing..
0x400010DE "SmokeBomb"
0x40001136 "SmokeBomb"
0x4000132A "SmokeBomb"
0x40014C34 "SmokeBomb"
0x40014C52 "SmokeBomb"
0x40014C70 "SmokeBomb"
0x40014FEB "SmokeBomb"
0x400154E5 "SmokeBomb"
Caught Exception:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Server.TileMatrix.ReadStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in C:\Users\user\Desktop\ServuoCUSTOM\ServUO-master\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 382
Warning: Static EOS for Felucca (876, 47)
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'Mondain'
Client Type: 127.0.0.1: Classic Client
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [2 Online]
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 Online] [Mondain]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Account 'Mondain' at character list
Mondain: 2 / 7 [SixthCharacterSlot, ExpansionSA, SeventhCharacterSlot]
Client: 127.0.0.1: Entered World (0x5BAC "Fizzel")
Caught Exception:
at Server.TileMatrix.ReadStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in C:\Users\user\Desktop\ServuoCUSTOM\ServUO-master\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 382
Warning: Static EOS for Felucca (883, 51)
Caught Exception:
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [Mondain]

Copy and Pasted the Forrel map into the client files and tho I can travel around the world its missing tiles and the radar map looks like a mix between the 2, the actual game world looks like a mix and the buildings are missing from the world, tho floor tiles where houses were remain.... what did I do wrong?

first time playing with the map

screenshot_2021-10-28_11-56-29.png

Last edited:
What version of UO Client you use. What did you put it in? Eri works with the six version and I guess the 7.0.23 version. If you put it even higher, it won't work correctly for you. These are mainly the art.mul and artidx.mul files. It is no longer used in new versions of UO. Instead, artLegacyMUL.uop exists. According to the picture, you really have problems with art files.

as golfin said, my files are only mulfiles, no uop. the latest client you can use plug&play is 7.0.23.
it is possible to run my files with latest client, but than you need to change them to uop - but i give no uop suport.

be sure to use ALL mulfiles from my website, not only art. i modifed some mulfiles to chance the look of the world.

at last there are some original files that overwrite map&static ---> you need to edit or remove them:
- TexTerr.def
-static & map diffs

Last edited:
Im on the latest client, Im loading up a new client now to try it on, Ill keep the post updated as I make progress, I really appreciate all the help.

Hello! I am a uo fan from China. I see the map you made is very exquisite. I want to buy it very much, but I can't open the website you provided, and I can't pay you. Do you have any way?

Due to a very strange account lockout ;) - forgot my password... I have to respond on this account; however its me: gametec (aka Sythen).

Anyway I thought I would come into this discussion, as dated as it is, because up to now, Eri has held an exclusive spot for her work in map making; and don't misrepresent that, Eri has done some incredible work!

In an effort to revive DarkShard, I have included his 2014 and 2015 distributions:

I was Carl’s assistant. The Dragonlance map and biome scripts were me. For a time we went to Minecraft doing conversions and other fantasy adaptations. Sadly he shut everything down and vanished. Sad he was moving on as the trickle of sales was not worth the hours being put in. Sadly, I missed those days. I’ve tried getting CED back up but I’ve failed so many times I can’t count. It sure is hell getting old and losing the ability to tackle tougher issues.

Back