Is there any "lite" or light UO installation under 500mb or so?

Is there a way to compress uo folder and still run the game?

Not sure if i explain myself good enough, i would like to reduce UO folder size to the minimum, even get rid of files such as sounds , maps and so on

The math just doesn't support it. The client folder is a little over 2 GB in size. Getting rid of the music folder saves you almost 150 meg. I'm not sure if the client will run with a missing sounds file but it would save you only 160 meg. Nothing else can be removed -- without the map files there's nothing to display on your screen and I'm pretty sure the client wouldn't run without them.

Could always put it on a portable drive, like a flash drive, but you would need to redirect where razor/UO steam?UOA would need to find it

The short answer is no.

You could make a custom client/downgrade to an older expansion by removing files and use fall back graphics.
This is a hard job that might (will most likely) result in an unstable client without 100% knowledge of how the client works.

These are just some of the things you need as a minimum baseline for something like the first version of UO.
(You will also need executables and language files and stuff like that for at least 100 MB.)

Arts, 65 MB
Animations, 190 MB
Sounds, 110 MB
Felucca Map, 115 MB
Gumps, 70 MB

As you see it adds up fast.

Back