I'm guess ServUO base code drastically changed the way it handles Addons as none of my (North | South) addons work anymore with the newest ServUO and they all scream about not having a "DirectionType" Reference.

I have just reverted back to my old ServUO core as it was more trouble than it was worth to fix them all.

I'm just curious as to what exactly changed in the handling of addons so I can convert new Addons added to ServUO Forums. Back to the old style I'm going to continue using.
Post automatically merged:

Well I fixed ItemInterface.cs which made me fix TreasureOfKotl which made me fix Seasonal Events.
And now so much shit is fucked up Im just done.

*walks away from ServUO for awhile*
Post automatically merged:

Errors: + Services/Seasonal Events/TreasuresOfDoom/RewardGump.cs: CS0115: Line 20: 'Server.Engines.TreasuresOfDoom.DoomRewardGump.GetYOffset(i nt)': no suitable method found to override + Services/Seasonal Events/TreasuresOfKhaldun/Creatures/KhalAnkur.cs: CS0115: Line 127: 'Server.Mobiles.KhalAnkur.OnChampPopped(Server.Engines.Can nedEvil.ChampionSpawn)': no suitable method found to override + Services/Seasonal Events/TreasuresOfKhaldun/Quest/GoingGumshoeQuest.cs: CS0115: Line 36: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest.CompleteMessage': no suitable method found to override CS0115: Line 61: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest.InternalObjective .ObjectiveDescription': no suitable method found to override CS0115: Line 109: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest2.CompleteMessage ': no suitable method found to override CS0115: Line 210: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest2.InternalObjecti ve.ObjectiveDescription': no suitable method found to override CS0115: Line 256: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest3.CompleteMessage ': no suitable method found to override CS0115: Line 362: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest3.InternalObjecti ve.ObjectiveDescription': no suitable method found to override CS0115: Line 481: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest4.CompleteMessage ': no suitable method found to override CS0115: Line 532: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.GoingGumshoeQuest4.InternalObjecti ve.ObjectiveDescription': no suitable method found to override + Services/Seasonal Events/TreasuresOfKhaldun/Gumps.cs: CS0115: Line 21: 'Server.Engines.Khaldun.KhaldunRewardGump.RemovePoints(doub le)': no suitable method found to override + Services/Seasonal Events/TreasuresOfKotlCity/RewardGump.cs: CS0115: Line 20: 'Server.Engines.TreasuresOfKotlCity.KotlCityRewardGump.GetY Offset(int)': no suitable method found to override + Services/Seasonal Events/TreasuresOfSorceresDungeon/Creatures/AbominableSnowm an.cs: CS0115: Line 56: 'Server.Engines.SorcerersDungeon.AbominableSnowman.CausesTr ueFear': no suitable method found to override + Services/Seasonal Events/TreasuresOfSorceresDungeon/RewardGump.cs: CS0115: Line 21: 'Server.Engines.SorcerersDungeon.SorcerersDungeonRewardGump .RemovePoints(double)': no suitable method found to override Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

Last edited:
How strange this is. Did you get the direction error with the new farm deco stuff? I am running close to the newest servuo, and the addons work fine for me.

Just wondering so maybe we can figure out the problem and when it started with servuo. The version I'm running on is only about a month old.

How strange this is. Did you get the direction error with the new farm deco stuff? I am running close to the newest servuo, and the addons work fine for me.

Just wondering so maybe we can figure out the problem and when it started with servuo. The version I'm running on is only about a month old.
I always get the direction error also on the new deco, but I just remake it. The only ones that work for me are the old runuo directions. My verion is 3 yrs old.
If your on discord maybe we can talk as i'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to. I did post once my fix on one. not sure why it don't work on mine

Well I just started over from scratch with the New ServUO, it'll give me a chance to get rid of a bunch of garbage files I dont need anyway.
I'm have an entirely different problem now with PlaceItemIn working with CharacterCreation.

Errors:
+ Misc/CharacterCreation.cs:
CS0103: Line 71: The name 'PlaceItemIn' does not exist in the current context

private static void AddBackpack(Mobile m) { var pack = m.Backpack; m.StatCap = 350; m.SkillsCap = 9000; if (pack == null) { pack = new Backpack(); pack.Movable = false; m.AddItem(pack); int WepRoll = Utility.Random( 100 ); if ( WepRoll <= 75 ) { switch ( Utility.Random( 11 )) { case 0: PlaceItemIn( pack, 119, 82, new BraveKnightOfTheBritannia() ); break;

LINE 71 Is the very last line quoted

Last edited:
Changed it to:

case 0: PackItem( new BraveKnightOfTheBritannia() ); break;
But now backpacks look like a jumbled garbage pile instead of orginized hence the x/y cords.

don't know fix for that but if there is a lot of things going in pack what about putting them in a bag neatly then adding the bag?

I always get the direction error also on the new deco, but I just remake it. The only ones that work for me are the old runuo directions. My verion is 3 yrs old.
If your on discord maybe we can talk as i'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to. I did post once my fix on one. not sure why it don't work on mine

I signed up for discord when I signed up on servuo but I always get some message that I cant post until I do something.... and I cant figure it out lol.

I just think its strange that I have a "nearly" vanilla shard running (only one file edit to add sovereigns to base creature drops) and I don't have this problem.

I will have to try the discord thing again but, it will have to wait for another time as my free time is very limited right now.

I signed up for discord when I signed up on servuo but I always get some message that I cant post until I do something.... and I cant figure it out lol.

I just think its strange that I have a "nearly" vanilla shard running (only one file edit to add sovereigns to base creature drops) and I don't have this problem.

I will have to try the discord thing again but, it will have to wait for another time as my free time is very limited right now.

That's why I had started by asking if there was a change to handling of Addons because my only edit to any Core file were:
PlayerMobile.cs for adding things like "Archaeology" | "Dredging" which were simple "add this here edits" not changing or editing the handling of anything.
CharacterCreation.cs to control what items people start with.
I had added the new Farm Addons which I have since removed the Well Still because with a brand new Clean Version of ServUO was still not working properly.

I had just assumed I broke my Core scripts in some accidental way and started over after I was done being a child about the self-destruction I did to my own files in an attempt to force fix it.

I am now currently running a clean new version and It (Minus the Well) work fine.

Well, I will update my shard to the newest repo as soon as I can get to it, and let you know if I encounter the same problem or not.

Ok, I updated to the newest repo of Servuo and newest UO client and everything is working perfectly for me. I guess I have no clue why the Well or any of the "direction" problems are going on.

Back