Hello,
I am completely new to ServUO so I apologies in advance. I have a server going via the Wiki (getting started) and it's worked fine for a few days of light play in the starter area. However, this morning the server started behaving odd by disconnecting the client right after choosing the character the Server window says : Entering world (user name) and then immediately says Disconnected and lists the IP

I have two other clients / characters running for my sons. If one of those logs out, they then will not be able to get back into the server, mimicking the above behavior. So, we can't login to the server.

I tried restoring from save, and that worked okay but it just happened again. Both times i was down in the starter skeleton (Ocllo) area.

Any suggestion, please?

Can anyone log in? The way you describe it, it sounds like it might be a limit issue? There is a setting in the settings that allows you to increase how many people can be logged in from the same IP. However if no one is able to log in this wouldnt be the issue.

Is the server showing any errors on the window when this happens? Did you check your crash reports to see if there would be on to post the errors if so.
What would your client patch number be at for your client and the server?

I have had some what of same problem. where server was running and I get kicked and couldnt log back in. no errors or anything. so i did some searching around and found out it was a bad timer on a custom script caused the hole server to kinda freeze up

The PreventInaccess script (in /Services) is supposed to rescue staff characters caught in a client-crashing loop by moving them to a safe area on the third login crash. You can move other characters by editing their logoff location to a similar safe area so when they log in they're not in the bad area.

Now finding and fixing the area that causes the crashing is an entirely different matter!

Hello,

It is not an IP limit as I did change that since were all local within the home.

I don't see errors except for the one I will attach. Inside \Logs I only see a folder for Chat and Commands. But the text files in those don't have any errors.

This morning when I started the server it said there were no accounts and asked if I wanted to create an Admin account. After posting this message yesterday I went to work and didn't play. The server did run while I was away, but evidently something has happened and the characters are all gone now?

What JGreen and Falkor mentioned seems related. When this first occurred the client sort of froze and I couldn't do anything with my character. So, i closed the client and tried reconnecting. But could not get in on any account from that point forward. Then, it happened again after the restore from save. Both in that skeleton Ocllo area.

I do not have anything custom in this server. It is just ServUO and nothing else added.

I am not sure how to even frame a question since the accounts seem to be gone. I guess I just start over again?

Attachments

• world-save-errors.log.txt
    519.7 KB · Views: 5
I seen that error pop up on my server too

10/17/2019 1:11:35 AM Warning: Attempted to add 0x400213A9 "KhaldunDecorationAddon" during world save.
This action could cause inconsistent state.
It is strongly advised that the offending scripts be corrected.
at Server.Item..ctor()
at Server.Items.BaseAddon..ctor()
at Server.Items.KhaldunDecorationAddon..ctor()
at Server.Engines.Khaldun.TreasuresOfKhaldunGeneration.GenerateQuestContent()
at Server.Engines.Khaldun.TreasuresOfKhaldunGeneration.CheckEnabled(Boolean timed)
at Server.WorldSaveEventHandler.Invoke(WorldSaveEventArgs e)
at Server.EventSink.InvokeWorldSave(WorldSaveEventArgs e)
at Server.World.Save(Boolean message, Boolean permitBackgroundWrite)
at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I turned that system off using the command

and those stopped

I've also noticed errors similar to this. All clients get disconnected at the same time until I click on the console and then hit the Enter key! Not sure what's going on here???

I'm not sure if this will fix the original issue in this thread or not but I'm fairly sure the issue @jayates is having (assuming your using windows) can be fixed by:
Right click on the top left corner of the server window
in the menu that pops up select Properties
in the menu that pops up about half way down uncheck QuickEdit Mode

The reason this works is because by default it is enabled if you happen to left click on the console window it pauses the server when this is enabled, and sometimes it can get clicked even through other windows somehow. To test if this is the issue you are having you can left click on the central part of the window and in the upper/left corner it will show the word "Select" and while "Select" is showing the server is paused.

Thank you again @Visam after your info i did some digging and found these out as well

These info can help a lot of shard owners from what you said and these link..

Back