Hey guys, just a question... if i give the proper credits to the script creator and even point the link to the original place, and after i test and even fix it to work with ServUO is it ok to post here on our forum? am asking cuz i dont want to get in any trouble lol.

Posting other peoples work is fine as long as you post credit. Though be aware if we receive any requests to remove a resource from the original author then we will remove the resource.

Also you might consider doing a search for the name of the script just to be sure this has not been posted yet :)

Here's my disclaimer because I don't care for credit really; if anyone reproduces/fixes/changes my work and uploads it, they can do so at any time with or without acknowledgement to myself and without worry that I will take it down :)
I am not sure exactly how long I have left in the UO community, but as long as the code goes forward and gets used, I don't care about any legacy!

I think I will spend the little time I have each day learning about Unity and game development. My ambition is to do what I've wanted to do for a couple of years now - Make my own indie games. 14 Years of UO development has got me as far as it can take me, at least I believe so :)

Currently, I have about 8-16 hours of spare time each day, but as of December, that'll be more like 3-4 hours.
It doesn't mean I'll be gone for good, I just want to move on and see what else can be done.

I think I will spend the little time I have each day learning about Unity and game development. My ambition is to do what I've wanted to do for a couple of years now - Make my own indie games. 14 Years of UO development has got me as far as it can take me, at least I believe so

I am learning Unity as well, maybe one day when my coding abilities reach the likes of yours, we can make an indie version of UO...

I think I will spend the little time I have each day learning about Unity and game development. My ambition is to do what I've wanted to do for a couple of years now - Make my own indie games. 14 Years of UO development has got me as far as it can take me, at least I believe so :)

Currently, I have about 8-16 hours of spare time each day, but as of December, that'll be more like 3-4 hours.
It doesn't mean I'll be gone for good, I just want to move on and see what else can be done.

I want to get a little more comfortable with c# before I venture away from the UO community, but I've been looking into other projects including Unity. There are a few other game engines out there that support C# (unreal engine does now).

we can make an indie version of UO
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/uo-like-dungeon-hunter.143014/
it's not a fully functional version but he has quite a bit already done.

You guys are awesome - one of the main reasons I'll still lurk around :p

MMO's are good and all, but my real passion has always been science-fiction and horror!

Back