ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
1642224236176.png
Anyone have any clue how to fix? Migrated to a new server host same company, uploaded my backed up ServUO Shard and it wont boot on the new remote host.
Was working perfect before host migration to a new remote VDS.. Any advice would be great and helpful.

Attachments

• Directory.png
    Directory.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 10
Idk why its saying it cannot load zlibwapi64..

Its in the main parent root directory, never had this issue before on previous remote host, always booted up fine.. I winrar.exe compressed the entire shard folder, then saved to cloud and re-downloaded on a new VDS remote host and its doing this on every single complete folder backup
**Of The Entire Shard/Server Folder Compressed In 1 Month Backup Interval's** that I have going backwards in time from Nov 2021 to 2019..
Ive tried almost everything now at this point been tinkering with even a new, fresh ServUO install and dropping the Data/Config/Saves folders into the fresh, updated, ServUO install and nothing's working properly as it should, even tried just dropping the Multi's folder from the fresh install, newly updated ServUO into the backed up shard folder scripts folder.

Im running the newest .net framework on Windows Server 2012.
**Using .Net Framework 4.8 I believe on the newly migrated, VDS remote host..**

How do you if check C++ redistribution is properly installed?

Last edited:
The zlib dll's come with ServUO in the master repository, make sure you uploaded them too.
Thanks for your advice, but does it matter that I compressed those with the shard backup files/folder master repository and migrated this particular file to a brand new remote desktop VDS/Host? The Zlib dlls are in the main shard master files repository folder as mentioned before in my previous post.
Hey thanks for your advice Pyro, I double checked that, already have it installed so.. I dont believe this is where the problem/solution lies.
Whenever I delete the saves folder from the master shard files repository folder the shards/servers will then boot up just fine.. Is there a chance there is something corrupted in every backup saves folder? I think this a highly unlikely scenario given that I have backups for nearly 3 years straight though.. but anything is possible I suppose..?

Boots up just fine also if I delete just only the items folder in saves as well.
(But Crashes In-Game After Logging Into Old Or A New Account)

Attachments

• Downloads.png
    Downloads.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The error in the crash log is quite clear; It cannot find zlibwapi64.dll

None of your saves are corrupt, your files are fine.
The only reason it works if you wipe your saves is because there is nothing loading up that requires compression, like a multi trying to read the data files.
Logging in crashes because networking requires compression.

Any way to make it compress correctly?? Or is there a way to point to zlibwapi64.dll as its in the folder with everything else, same folder ServUO.exe is located, any reason why is it not found now suddenly?

Last edited:
Since the redist appears to be installed,
What is the directory of your ServUO Folder?

You put the client in c:\programm files (x86), is ServUO in there was well?

That is very odd...

Have you tried running it from C:/ instead? The desktop is a child folder of your user account folder and could be subject to more strict file access permissions.

The only other thing I can think of right now is if you use the older zlib32.dll and zlib64.dll that come with RunUO.
You will have to edit Compression.cs to update the [DllImport] attributes for the dll file names.

Attachments

• zlib.rar
    63.7 KB · Views: 1
That is very odd...

Have you tried running it from C:/ instead? The desktop is a child folder of your user account folder and could be subject to more strict file access permissions.

The only other thing I can think of right now is if you use the older zlib32.dll and zlib64.dll that come with RunUO.
You will have to edit Compression.cs to update the [DllImport] attributes for the dll file names.

Tried running it from C:/ same boot error, looked into compression.cs it shows zlibwapi32.dll and zlibwapi64.dll with a ctrl + f "find" in the coding of the .cs script related to "DllImport" which is in the ServUO master folder already.. The only other thing you mentioned that I think maybe theoretically could be causing some mischief in this boot error would be im currently running two other RunUO servers when testing a boot up for ServUO emulator simultaneously..?

Although part of me believe thats not it either because i've run 2 RunUO servers & 2 ServUO servers at the same time simultaneously previously with these exact same files that were backed up on the same remote host VDS just fine for years.

I would still suggest it is related to the vcredist.

So try to remove it (since it says it is installed) and reinstall it.

That is the main post to it, and there were a ton of other posts regarding zlib because of this change and yes it
always said it didnt find the dll

Back