For help placed XML after the NPC, NPC will disappear over time, not there, why is that? Very worried, hoping to get help!

For help placed XML after the NPC, NPC will disappear over time, not there, why is that? Very worried, hoping to get help!
If I understand you, an NPC you spawned with an Xmlspawner is disappearing after they get spawned?
What do you mean by disappearing? Is the NPC despawning? Is the spawner being reset or turned off? Do you have Smartspawning turned on?

Sounds like smart spawning is turned on alright. You can turn it off in the properties of the spawner.

You can globally turn smartspawning off on all spawners with one command.
I'm not 100% sure if I remember it right, but its something like.

[global set smartspawning false where xmlspawner

But yea, sounds like what your experiencing is Smartspawning being enabled. To test, go to the area where you have the spawns, and use ur staff orb to turn off you being a GM and invisible. Walk around, and you should notice the mobs appear out of nowhere again.

If that's the case, then the above solution would fix that. (assuming its the correct command)

Smartspawning is a good concept, when you're dealing with a stationary mob, but it's not helpful if you want that mob to move around, unless you make changes to each spawner you want to use Smartspawning with. You can also use [Xmlfind to find all Xmlspawners, then you can pick and choose which ones you want Smartspawning to remain running on and so forth.

Back