Tukaram submitted a new resource:

Fishing Net (catches multiple fish) - Fishing net that catches multiple fish

This fishing net system is blatantly stolen... borrowed... from Unleashed. He submitted a Lobster trap to ServUO on 18MAY2015. Unleashed has a great Lobster Trap and I simply modified it to look like a net, was not stackable, and has more types of fish drops. Mainly I wanted multiple fish per toss (a net is big, right?). It worked fine when stackable but the net would not show the count, the lobster traps do. So I made them unstackable, to avoid confusion.

I am using the list of fish from...

Read more about this resource...

Tukaram, you are a freaking genius. I don't know why I have never thought of this lol.

I really can't take credit for the scripting - just the editing :)

I found a net script and it only caught one fish at a time, like a fishing pole... Nets are are bigger... so it should catch more. The lobster trap script was the key (Shazzy pointed me in the right direction). I just plagiarized it ha ha I tried to get the first net to give multiple fish, but I could not get it to use the harvest system more than once per use. I think it needs work still. If you use it for a while you end up with too many fishing boots, and pond deeds... maybe they should be scaled back. A 1 in 20 chance is too often. Maybe I can make it 1 in 20 - then put a random chance... Hmmm.....

Can we nest a 'switch utility random' inside another switch utility random..... ~Edit~ Yes, you can... let me clean this up a bit and release an improvement.

Here is what I changed on the loot. I was not sure if we can nest the random chances (we can). Now there is a 1 in 20 chance on loot packs. Then, in like 4 cases, there is a 1 in 3 of getting something special (currently Boots, MIB, Blackhearts Pole, and a Pond Deed). You can easily edit the items. Also, you can see how to add or remove cases to increase/decrease the rate. There may be a neater way to do it... but this works.

...I am really supposed to have had breakfast and be at the grocery store by now... good thing my wife is out of town ha ha

Code:
  switch (Utility.Random(20))
  {
  case 0: from.AddToBackpack(new EmptyFishingNet());
  from.SendMessage("There is nothing left in the net to remove.");
  this.Delete();break;
  case 1:
  from.AddToBackpack(new EmptyFishingNet());
  from.AddToBackpack(new Fish(Utility.Random(1, 2)));
  from.AddToBackpack(new SpringDragonfish());
  from.SendMessage("You remove fish from the net and put it in your pack.");
  this.Delete(); break;