Does this happen to anyone else? I check all the new posts and then after I've viewed them all I check the main page and it says there is 1 new post. Then when i click it, it says no unread new posts.

huh.png
This problem even persists after I clear my cache and cookies, It just randomly comes and goes.

(off topic - when I try to post an image that i uploaded to another site and then post it in [img [/img, it auto uploads it to servuo and then it does not display the image. Forcing me to upload it to servuo to display the image.(I don't want to waste servuo space with junk images))

I have only noticed this a few times now since I haven't been back too long but I notice this happen is when I click the 'Back' button on my browser. It will show the same number of unread new post as before. I either use the links at the top of the page to navigate back or just refresh the page again if I used my browser.

(off topic - when I try to post an image that i uploaded to another site and then post it in [img [/img, it auto uploads it to servuo and then it does not display the image. Forcing me to upload it to servuo to display the image.(I don't want to waste servuo space with junk images))
Are you trying the image with the url address? With the image icon found above in this area with the smiles/ etc

Testing...
View attachment aoi44.tinypic.com_28im8mw.jpg

It shows the picture fine in the preview but turns into that link above when I actually post it. o_O
Code:
[attach=full]776[/attach]

Hehe tried to put the image code into code blocks and it converted to that.

Attachments

• aoi44.tinypic.com_28im8mw.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1
  • aoi44.tinypic.com_28im8mw.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Right it did the exact same thing for me but I'm sure @Insanity can fix it :)
ai117.photobucket.com_albums_o66_milva_bucket_PumpkinShack.jpg
Oh for some reason this worked but it might be from the forums holding the photo from a post before

It works fine with Jpg images but it does not work correctly with png images.
my example image may say jpg on the text but it's really a png image.

This is why your test worked milva, the image you posted is a jpeg image.

If you are using firefox you can right click any image and click "View Image Info" it will list the format of the image.

It shows the picture fine in the preview but turns into that link above when I actually post it. o_O
Code:
[attach=full]776[/attach]
I think Insanity is try to preserve the entirety of the forums and everything that is contributed.
So when you post an image it saves it to the forums so it will be viewable forever.
I think this is why it does this.

Last edited:
Your correct there Hank because Insanity did mention the forums being able to view forever, but I thought it would also work with png

but I thought it would also work with png
I think it has something to do with specific extensions and how servuo decides what is a valid extension.
Though i can not prove this.

I had some difficulty uploading a rar file at one point. Even though it was a supported extension for the upload, the file was just not being seen by the upload file explorer. Not sure but it could be a similar problem.

Aye, there is currently an issue with the image proxy addon I have in use. Worked fine before I updated the addon, guess I need to revert it for now or see if I can fix it really fast. Although when I upgrade XenForo here soon, it will offer a built in feature for the same thing I'm doing with the image proxy. So either way, it'll get fixed soon. And yes, all images posted that are externally hosted are moved here and posted as attachments. This is to avoid possible images being broken in the future, or images not showing due to bandwidth limits on a web services.

As for the 1 new post. Did you click Mark Forums Read?

Yes rar file was not working at one time and I informed Insanity about it so then he went ahead and fixed it :)

Yes rar file was not working at one time and I informed Insanity about it so then he went ahead and fixed it :)
nuh-uh I did! let's compare pm dates! :p

OH the back room is fun. heh

As for the 1 new post. Did you click Mark Forums Read?
I think that works, But having to do that nearly every day, doesn't seem like a long term solution.
I'll whine more if it becomes more of a hassle then a fix.

Don't have the pm still I tend to remove them once I have way to many :) Oh and at least when you whine it is not directed in an "evil" manner!

at least when you whine it is not directed in an "evil" manner!
Everything is going according plan. *taps fingers to together* Excellent muahahaha.

A free +1 for being evil! There is no text here! It's all a conspiracy!

hello,
I have been a few days ghost contribution these and would want to read it with pleasure.
(google translated) ;D

how can I attach a screeny here?
I Hank's taken screeny because I have the same picture.

The 2nd little image in your response box (for the url of an image- from the left next to the smile face. You can click that to add an image or even below where he shows More Options button-will allow you to upload an image :)
SS.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah this has been happening to me multiple times a day almost every day that I actively browse the forums.

Edit: I have a strong hypothesis through observation that Ghost post are strongly related to unauthorized posted. I came to this conclusion based on getting a ghost new post and people coming into irc asking for authorization. Then later the same day a mod authorizes their new join post.

Last edited:
Back