jase giffin submitted a new resource:

Harvest system for regs and crops 0.601 for servuo pub 54+ - harvesting. reagents.

Hello Servuo.
See overview:
So here is a handy resource for those of you wanting a more in depth gathering scenario.
what this system adds.
seeds for growing crops and reagents.
garden usable by players for a personal supply of regs.
converts fields to allow planting and harvesting from fields.
IE britain fields haven fields.
the system also has gatherable spider silk as an xml item.
say adding the spider silk to spider dungeons.
and
shell fish that is fished out of the sea.
to add this portion. go to....

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
This is pretty cook I have it loaded up and am playing with it now a couple quick questions.

1) After placing the seeds do you have to water them, do anything to maintain them or do they just grow by themselves?
2) How hard would it be in script to change it so the player can have more then one garden if you wanted?
3) If you do a future release would you consider adding different garden sizes like a small, medium and large garden?
4) How are the Trees supposed to be planted or seeds gotten for them?

awesome that you are interested so i put the version back to 0.6. this will give me some room to work. as it does seem to be less complete with this new info. anyone that wants to add to this thread may. and any edits you do on your own for your own purposes is also fine. ill see if i can produce some more for this thread as well.

This is a great script. Ill look into existing food items in game and see if any other harvestables that you may have missed could be added and will see if i can peck and poke enough to add some more. Ill Also look at some other peoples scripts from the past like the wine/grape system and such and see how hard it would be to integrate some of those others into this.

I had a vision myself for my serve of a full farming/animal system that allows players to raise chickens, cows, and other animals , grow crops and etc using a system similar to the house placing system where they would have their own farms. You pretty much hit the nail on the head of what I was looking for.

I already gave you some of these ideas in private message but ill re-state them here so anyone else can join in on the idea sharing of ways to make this script better.

1) add small, medium and Large Gardens.
2) add option or easy way for GM's to set the amount of the gardens a player can own.
3) add a way to get seeds for the trees (could sale them but would also be fun if apples, peach, pear things with seeds could be cut open with knife to get a seed to plant)
4) Add more maintenance to the plants watering, Insecticides, etc.
5) trees grow too fast slow it down to 3, 5 or 7 days less then a week and tie it in with the watering, insect healing system same with veggies
6) Would be cool if Lokai Dung and fertilizer script could be made of use here where when you first place the farm you have to use his fertilizer to first till and fertilize the ground making it ready for planing this would make use of two great systems and tie them together to create a more realistic farming system as a whole.
7) also double check the when you demolish a garden it did not seem to delete the crops dont know if they will "decay" away in time or not
8) have a life span before you have to replant/fertilize do not make it a nuisance but every so often

This all gives me an idea about a farming/cooking bod/reward system later down the road once some of these other systems are more complete which will turn some of those useless skills into something special but thats a side thought that combined with some special food abilities and a hunger have to eat system farming/cooking could be very useful skill.

Thats about all I can come up with right now but if all that was implemented this would be a rocking system (which it already is now as it is very good job)

Anyway I know we already discussed some of this privatly but thought i would add here so other ideas or possible issue with any of those ideas could be discussed as a group by others.
Im not a scripter but I have a mind full of ideas and want to learn to script so ill try and see if any of the smaller things I can figure out and play with.

Anyway thanks for a good system and thanks for willingness to expand it I look forward to what you come up with.

I did not see an download link for this Medium garden is it the main file that's updated? does everything need to be replaced or just one file?

Hate to be a nuisance but there is no Mediumgarden in the garden folder looks like the same archive as the original and last date of upload is listed the 8th

By the way I am sending you a rather long email soon read it at your own convenience I could use your help with a couple things in it if you were interested or had the time but would welcome your comments and thoughts on the whole idea as a whole if you did not mind giving it a look see and tell me what you think.

Question you know how the gardbeens have a storage container that goes with it can any item or other usable items like that be made to work with an addon unit like that?

that is correct. here is another addon that is like that. This is made by the same people. Note that the addon mediumgarden.cs is just the map for the size and placement. suppose you can use the map from the medium garden to edit the small garden to function as the deed or add it to the existing deed. corrrect me if im wrong.

Attachments

• Tent.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 24
I realize this is an old post, but ill try anyway. I used to use this pack a looooong time ago, it also had ranching.. but it was very buggy. I was curious i remember there being a variable sized garden deed, it allowed you to click two corners and make a garden that size, do you happen to have this file?

Back