Hi all, I've been a long time UO player....and getting back in the game, when I started looking at freeshards, couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So I started looking at how to set up a server and ended up here.

Thanks for the Greetings, I got my server started, and have some people testing it, the only problems we found so far is we cannot access housing doors, and we are falling through floors. Any suggestions of fixes?

You can use the highest game client right now, sounds as though you need to patch up, be sure your client and the server client are the same :) What would your game client be patched up to?

Usually when this happens the server client and you client are not the same, only other problem I can think of is to be sure razor is updated to the newest and be sure to check the top of razor and the middle (directory) to be sure both are set to your correct game client.

You should open the file in your ServUO folder, scripts/misc/DataPath.cs and it will explain the files that the ServUO 'server' needs to use to load and run properly. These files need to be independent or exclusively used for the ServUO server. Use the same files out of your currently or fully patched Ultima install 'client' folder, copied into a folder for the 'server' and you should be good to go :)

When someone mentions Server they are refereing to the ServUO game server.
When Client is mentioned, it is the Ultima game client.

Welcome :)

Where in the DataPath.cs file is reads: private static string CustomPath = null;
Change that to the new folder you copied the files into, and replace the word null with your new folders directory path like:
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\UOserverFiles\";

Be sure to start your directory path with the @ symbol, and encase the directory path with Quotations @"C:\path to server files";

Thank you for all the replies. Started the server fresh. made a copy of the files and changed the datapath.cs. no longer falling through building floors except houses that we place with the house placement tool. and some of the doors to the houses we place that way are still not accessible, but we are at least we got some of it fixed.

Back