Hello Everyone I am Grandpa
I've played Ultima Online since 1999 and have grown an interest in learning how it all works.
If anyone has any helpful advice on tools or other thing that I would need to learn how to operate my own shard please give me a list or suggestions

Thank You

Some other stuff that will help
- Navigating/manipulating files and folders on your computer
- Beginning C# (classes, methods, properties, inheritance) (google "C# beginner tutorial" or something like that, there's a billion of them)
- Get visual studio community edition or some sort of editing environment with syntax highlighting and stuff
- explore the scripts and server code. Anything that interests you, just search for it in the project, and read the code (once you know the basics). You'll learn a lot about how things work just poking around.

I highly recommend you learn to at least read and if not already begin to understand the flow and what certain characters represent in the C Sharp language. I started a thread which I will link to with a rich resource of tutorials and books to help you learn quickly and easily.
https://www.servuo.com/threads/c-tutorials.567/

Google or other search engines are also a gold mine of information. Servuo is an updated fork of Runuo so you can still find a vast amount of knowledge about problems or quick tips on the runuo forums. This doesn't mean you should not ask questions here, in fact you should to help preserve information. But you can type into google "My Problem Site:runuo.com" (without the "") which will result in posts on runuo related to your problem at hand. I used this to help me learn vast amounts about aspects of the code.

Good luck! Don't give up! :)
PS. Welcome to the ServUO Community.

Back