Dan(Tasanar)

I am new to ServUO and when I download from the SVN or from this website all the scripts are messed up. All the code is on one line in Notepad and all bunched up. Any ideas? Thank you!

Excellent!

Another thing I would recommend since it helps out a lot IMO is making .cs files open with Notepad++ by default.

You can do this by Right Clicking any .cs file and then click "Properties" which is at the bottom of the drop down.

Then you will see where it says "Opens With:" there is a change button next to it click that then go to the following Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\

Then click the notepad++.exe and for now on you can open C# files by just double clicking the file.

Enjoy.

You can also go to the menu bar of Notepad++ and select: Settings>Preferences>FileAssociation and add other file extensions to open with Notepad++ by default.

You can also download Visual Studio 2013 Community for free now. Community is far more powerful than the old Express edition (they say it has all the features as Professional.) You'll find it easier to work on things if you're using a proper setup. We're also more than happy to provide a free license for ReSharper to those that try and contribute to the project.

FYI, the ServUO project will soon be updated to Visual Studio 2013 (aka Visual Studio 12.)

The coolest feature I using now is the local git repository. You can maintain a changelog of your projects with comments just like an SVN/Git but locally without a repository server. Good for projects that only code to.

Agreed, it was one of the main reasons I moved ServUO over to Git and away from svn. Just more developer friendly.

Back