ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
None
Hey there!

I'm new to this stuff and need some help. I set up my ServUO, forwarded port 2593, and can successfully connect to my server from anywhere in the world (amazing!).

I'm using Razor to log in as a client. On Razor, you need to provide the IP address and Port #, which is working for me. BUT, I would like to make it more secure (and easier to remember) by using a domain name instead of IP:port.

1700382013219.png

I want to use Cloudflared tunnels to do so, just like I already do for my Jellyfin server. With Cloudflare, I would not need to port forward anything on my router (more secure), and everything is dealt with by Cloudflared tunnel. I can't seem to do that because Razor requires me to add a Port number as well. If I add port 2593 it doesn't work (I assume it's adding information that is already been handled by Cloudflared, since I already provided my public IP and port number there). If I try to leave it blank it also doesn't work (I assume it's setting Port value to 0).

I guess my question is: How do you connect to a server using its domain name, instead of IP and Port? Can I use Razor for that, should I use another assistant, or should I configure some file and launch the game directly from the client.exe?

Thanks!

You can do this by creating a DNS A-Record for your subdomain and having the target be your shard public IP.

I am not sure CF can handle TCP requests over the CDN, its designed to handle http with headers and such.

Razor can be started up with a CLI string that skips the splash and config.

Additionally,

you could also try port 80, since you said you set the port to 2593 on cloudflare.

Or if you dont have a domain yourself you can use something like dyndns

You can do this by creating a DNS A-Record for your subdomain and having the target be your shard public IP.

I am not sure CF can handle TCP requests over the CDN, its designed to handle http with headers and such.

Razor can be started up with a CLI string that skips the splash and config.
That looks promising. CF does support TCP and the tunnel is configured as so. I've pointed it to my public IP, and the tunnel is working. What I don't know how to do is to command Razor to use my CF DNS, without having to specify the port on Razor, as the port is already included in my CF tunnel config.

Could you expand on how to start Razor with a CLI string to skip the splash and config step?
Additionally,

you could also try port 80, since you said you set the port to 2593 on cloudflare.

Or if you dont have a domain yourself you can use something like dyndns
I've tried to use port 80 on Razor but it did not work. I assume Razor is trying to connect to subdomain.hostdomain:2539:80, which makes no sense. I do have a domain setup and Couldflare is aware of the domain already (it's pointing to my public IP:2539). Is there a way to inform Razor that it only needs to proc my DNS and not to include any ports, as the DNS is already pointing to the right port?

Back