ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Mondain's Legacy
If you have your ServUO 57.3 is running ML, other expansions not tested, you will be quickly taken over by Bexil. Bexil is a parasite that grows on a map you're effectively not really using given that your Moon Gates don't give you the option. So if this cancer is growing inside your world, move the folder "Scripts\Quests\The Ritual" out side of your scripts folder, then comment out line 80 in "Scripts\Services\MondainsLegacyQuests\QuestChains.cs"
The symptoms of a Bexil attack include:
  • High ram usage, all the ram
  • Saves folder becomes gluttonous, it eats up a lot more MBs
  • Seemingly stuck on "World Loading..." you can wait it out, it will eventually load given hours, but omfg you would rather not, trust me
  • When it does load, it will just be bad. Lagging, Stuttering, longer save times, randomly unable to get clients to connect
  • You simply notice you have way too many mobiles and XMLfind confirms you are infested
Do not try to teleport to Bexil, just don't approach him, you can't simply befriend the Bexil. He has a defense mechanism where him and his millions of sons all throw a bunch of data at you at once knocking you out of existence.

idk if anyone else has mentioned this issue, but I hope this is helpful for someone.

People much smarter, please offer better solutions. This Bixel could be beloved by many if it wasn't like this, we might be able to save him!

Cant confirm.

Had 94 mobiles befor doing Brexil, 94 after, 94 after a restart.

What type of mobiles are "too many" with xmlfind?

• Seemingly stuck on "World Loading..." you can wait it out, it will eventually load given hours, but omfg you would rather not, trust me
This happened to me quite some time ago and I always wondered what caused it.. Yes, it did take a very long time to load haha
Good find!

Back