Hello everyone i am trying to customize my imbuing system . pretty much the concept im trying to achieve is when you go to imbue instead of selecting an item it turns it into a rune to be used whenever was wondering if one of you can point me in the right direction...thanks in advanced

This sounds like a neat idea. You’d have to flesh out the details of the process and then code it. Something like OnDoubleclick is triggered and creates a target waiting for the chosen item to imbue, then run the code that is used to imbue stuff normally. You could code it by sticking together code from a few places

I don't understand how your idea is different from runecrafting. Grab a rune chisel and mine some rough stones, then use the chisel. That allows you to create a rune with imbuing-type upgrade that can be applied to not only weapons and armor, but anything that can be worn, like a body sash or shoes.

How is your idea different?

Yes that sounds like it could work. My point is it can be done by grabbing the code from the existing embueing scripts and then building these new rune items with those bits of code.

I actually made a system very similar to what you are wanting to do.

First I made a BaseRune which has all the embueing code and checks for what type of item is being embued also min max values for each attribute and a total attribute weight value so the items don’t get upgraded too much before breaking. Then I made all the rune types that inherit from BaseRune and do each of the different attributes.

Back