ATruGod submitted a new resource:

Item Id and Self Repair - Activates Item Id and Self Repair features

I didn't write these, just have kept them updated since they were released. I believe spiderxXx wrote them (been so long could be wrong).

Makes Self Repair work and Makes loot items unidentified. All crafted items, purchased items, and New Player items are identified.

This was updated for Publish 54 if You have no other edits You can just replace the files, if not Winmerge them or something. If You only want one or the other it would be up to you to separate them.

WARNING: Adding this to an...

Read more about this resource...

Once on our old server we had a similar system published long time ago on runuo forum. Unfortunately, it was discovered that this system, during item ID of stuff gave it randomly statistics and this stats were not dependent upon the NPC - where object was captured. So for example during idem id - script gave extremally high stats (example 5 stats) to stuff from a harpies loot and very low ( 1-2 stats only) to many of items from a high level NPC loot (example balron, white wyrms). How is it here?

Once on our old server we had a similar system published long time ago on runuo forum. Unfortunately, it was discovered that this system, during item ID of stuff gave it randomly statistics and this stats were not dependent upon the NPC - where object was captured. So for example during idem id - script gave extremally high stats (example 5 stats) to stuff from a harpies loot and very low ( 1-2 stats only) to many of items from a high level NPC loot (example balron, white wyrms). How is it here?
I've never even heard of that bug...You can look at the code, its all commented, nothing there to add stats. All Item Id does is hide the props (and not allow to add) unless the ItemID prop is true. Self Repair sets times based on what self repair # an item has.

I implement this system on my test server and ass I see everything works fine. Thanks for your post. But I got a small question. I think about set weapons/armor from a loot unidentified only for example if (0.35 <= Utility.RandomDouble()) . That is, so that only part of the items remained unidentified. At which point do you propose to put the this extra rule?

He didn't write this script :) it was just updated-hope that helps-unless Tru has an idea for it

I implement this system on my test server and ass I see everything works fine. Thanks for your post. But I got a small question. I think about set weapons/armor from a loot unidentified only for example if (0.35 <= Utility.RandomDouble()) . That is, so that only part of the items remained unidentified. At which point do you propose to put the this extra rule?

Hmm nothing is changed to make the Bool Unidentified false on items, so it is defaulted to that (maybe in the Core). So You would have to set up to identify what ever percent You wanted...Im guessing somewhere in Loot.cs (guessing without any looking).

I found on old articles an info that "Having a GM Item ID character is incredibly useful as you can identify many items at one time. Target any container, corpse, treasure chest and all of the items in the root container will be identified". Any think how to implement that for example on NPC corpses?

Last edited:
ATruGod - I think that set BaseReward as always identified is also a good idea (especially for a NPC quests rewards).
Ahh and new player dagger is unidentified too.

I found on old articles an info that "Having a GM Item ID character is incredibly useful as you can identify many items at one time. Target any container, corpse, treasure chest and all of the items in the root container will be identified". Any think how to implement that for example on NPC corpses?
Create a target, if it targets a playermobile then enumerate all the items on that character and set identified to true.

Thanks ATruGod. Whats your opinion about immidiately idem id effect for all unidentyfied items inside npc corpse if player with 100 item id target this corpse as item id target. I think its a good choice to prevent problems with loot -and later transport - many of unidentyfied items due deeper dungeons/area exploration especially items unused for a player profession or simple - low stats/atributes items.

Last edited:
Thanx for this, I always liked the ID part of UO. I've seen on some shards where they also implement a mod to Generic Sell so that items that are Identified get an increase to their value.
I tried to do this but it doesn't seem to work. I'm going to post what I have in script support, if anyone using this is also interested in this feature, maybe have a better method to do this.

Today I found a bug in charactercreation.cs. New born players with skills which add an items on start like example dagger or pickaxe (when toon is a warrior or a blacksmith, or simple got mining skill on start), received those items without "unidentified" tag but they cannot use it due lack of information about it (same info like try to use unidentified loot item).

Last edited:
Thanks ATruGod. Whats your opinion about immidiately idem id effect for all unidentyfied items inside npc corpse if player with 100 item id target this corpse as item id target. I think its a good choice to prevent problems with loot -and later transport - many of unidentyfied items due deeper dungeons/area exploration especially items unused for a player profession or simple - low stats/atributes items.
Worth a try

Today I found a bug in charactercreation.cs. New born players with skills which add an items on start like example dagger or pickaxe (when toon is a warrior or a blacksmith, or simple got mining skill on start), received those items without "unidentified" tag but they cannot use it due lack of information about it (same info like try to use unidentified loot item).
I'll look at it when I have a moment.

So add this else if statement before the other else if statement in the target of the ItemID.cs. I didn't actually test it but it compiles. It should id all items with ItemID of 100 (or more) on targeted corpses. This does not do any notoriety checks.
Code:
else if (o is Corpse)
                {
                    PlayerMobile pm = from as PlayerMobile;

if (pm.Skills[SkillName.ItemID].Base >= 100.0)
                    {
                        Container cont = (Container)o;
                        foreach (Item item in cont.Items)
                          {
                                  if (item is BaseWeapon)
                                      ((BaseWeapon)item).Identified = true;
                                  else if (item is BaseClothing)
                                      ((BaseClothing)item).Identified = true;
                                  else if (item is BaseJewel)
                                      ((BaseJewel)item).Identified = true;
                                  else if (item is BaseArmor)
                                      ((BaseArmor)item).Identified = true;
                          }
                    }
                }

For anyone who does not want to add the Self Repair part of this modification, just ignore the AOS.cs file and it's edits. That's the only place edits are made to add Self Repair, so focus on everything else. Also, if your expansion is set to Pre-AOS, then you can ignore the BaseClothing.cs, BaseJewel.cs and any edits that mention Clothing or Jewels in the other .cs's.

To users as new as I am, it is helpful to recognize that the files in this download are for you to open, read, and compare to the files you already have. You'll find the edits in the downloaded file by Ctrl+F searching the scripts for keywords like "ItemID" "Mod" or "Item Identification".

hey guys im having a issue with implementing this script system i really want it too.. my issue is errors
Errors:
+ Items/Equipment/Armor/BaseArmor.cs:
CS0246: Line 55: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 645: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Items/Equipment/Jewelry/BaseJewel.cs:
CS0246: Line 337: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 354: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Items/Equipment/Weapons/BaseWeapon.cs:
CS0246: Line 92: The type or namespace name 'WeaponQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 345: The type or namespace name 'WeaponQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any chance of a lil help fixing this? as i really want this to work

hey guys im having a issue with implementing this script system i really want it too.. my issue is errors
Errors:
+ Items/Equipment/Armor/BaseArmor.cs:
CS0246: Line 55: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 645: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Items/Equipment/Jewelry/BaseJewel.cs:
CS0246: Line 337: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 354: The type or namespace name 'ArmorQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Items/Equipment/Weapons/BaseWeapon.cs:
CS0246: Line 92: The type or namespace name 'WeaponQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 345: The type or namespace name 'WeaponQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any chance of a lil help fixing this? as i really want this to work
I think it is ItemQuality now. Change them and see if it works

so i made the changes and iv now gained new errors now .. keep in mind all i did was edit those 6 lines of code to change them to ItemQuality this is the new errors.
i appreciate the help id love to get this implemented..

Errors:
+ Abilities/Enhancement.cs:
CS0246: Line 15: The type or namespace name 'ExtendedWeaponAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 259: The type or namespace name 'ExtendedWeaponAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 274: The type or namespace name 'ExtendedWeaponAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ CUSTOM/November Testing/Good/SocketableBaseTalisman.cs:
CS0246: Line 397: The type or namespace name 'NegativeAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 424: The type or namespace name 'NegativeAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Items/Equipment/Spellbooks/Spellbook.cs:
CS0246: Line 88: The type or namespace name 'NegativeAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 154: The type or namespace name 'NegativeAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Items/Equipment/Talismans/BaseTalisman.cs:
CS0246: Line 389: The type or namespace name 'NegativeAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 416: The type or namespace name 'NegativeAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Services/RunicReforging/RunicReforging.cs:
CS0246: Line 2346: The type or namespace name 'ExtendedWeaponAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 2414: The type or namespace name 'NegativeAttributes' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Skills/Imbuing/Core/Imbuing.cs:
CS0246: Line 1873: The type or namespace name 'ExtendedWeaponAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 1998: The type or namespace name 'ExtendedWeaponAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 2140: The type or namespace name 'ExtendedWeaponAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Back