What up Hammerhand.

So how far into development is ServUO into things? Like does it support High Seas? Is it loaded up with customs? etc.

Hello and welcome, good to see you!

ServUO is arguably the public emulator furthest along in development right now, we had a burst of development right before the holiday season but have slowed down now as everyone is busy with their families or exams. I am sure it will pick back up soon though. I know I will be working on some stuff as soon as xmas is over.

We are mostly accurate up to SA. We still lack High seas content and the new expansion. We worked out the new trading and gold system in the new client though and Voxpire is working on cracking a new file that contains the new multis as well as working on a generic UOP reader. (Basemulticollection.uop)

We try to stay away from customs, only adding quality of life stuff for staff members. We try to stick as close to OSI as possible from the player's perspective, even though we are missing a lot from the last 2 expansions.

I thought the team(s) working on the Ultima.dll & UOFiddler cracked the UOP file format over a year ago?

btw, what client version is supported? I probably should download a client sometime soon.

I thought the team(s) working on the Ultima.dll & UOFiddler cracked the UOP file format over a year ago?

Yeah, openUO was released by Jeff a few years ago but it was never completed some features such as animations were never released.

The basemulticollection.uop is an odd one. in it there are bin files for each multi and another bin file for housing which we have not started cracking the structure for. We have the structure for the multi bin files. It's a busy time of year though so the implementation has not been finished.

Ahh, sounds like a pain.
The official UO site wants me to instal 7.0.0.24, is that supported and if so how far can the classic client be patched?

Ahh, sounds like a pain.
The official UO site wants me to instal 7.0.0.24, is that supported and if so how far can the classic client be patched?

You can patch to the latest classic client if you wish. We support the newest right now.

The enhanced client is being worked on by a few people and they are making good strides with it so that should be available too in ServUO in the not too distant future hopefully.

Back