I have reason to believe JoinUO and UOPortal are compromised; they are owned by the owner of UO:Evolution, who just so happens to have the #1 spot on both sites. This issue has been raised publicly on Reddit in the past, too.

Though this doesn't really affect your shard, you will never be able to reach 1st place legitimately.
UO:Revealed reached first place a few months ago and their entire shard entry was wiped from the site.

The owner of the sites has tried to contact me regarding the "misinformation I've heard" but what he doesn't realise is that I haven't heard anything, I did my own investigations and interviews.

Not only has he done this, he has tried to extort the UO community by buying up UO related domains and then offering to sell them to the people who want them for thousands of dollars.
This is one of the problems we faced with the Ultima-Shards project (Punkte).

Use at own risk.

I have reason to believe JoinUO and UOPortal are compromised; they are owned by the owner of UO:Evolution, who just so happens to have the #1 spot on both sites. This issue has been raised publicly on Reddit in the past, too.

Though this doesn't really affect your shard, you will never be able to reach 1st place legitimately.
UO:Revealed reached first place a few months ago and their entire shard entry was wiped from the site.

The owner of the sites has tried to contact me regarding the "misinformation I've heard" but what he doesn't realise is that I haven't heard anything, I did my own investigations and interviews.

Not only has he done this, he has tried to extort the UO community by buying up UO related domains and then offering to sell them to the people who want them for thousands of dollars.

Use at own risk.
I have heard this information myself on several occasions from different sources. What makes matters worse is that players don't really know this when they are looking for new shards to play on.

Guess what!!!!! We beat UO Evolution by 1 VOTE and my shard was fucking wiped off uo portal JUST NOW! Does anyone know who is running that shit?

Guess what!!!!! We beat UO Evolution by 1 VOTE and my shard was fucking wiped off uo portal JUST NOW! Does anyone know who is running that shit?

This is not the first time this has happened. They are insidious.

Use at own risk.

Well, well, this explains why my shard banner, and uptime has been screwed up on joinuo.com as well. I just read a post on reddit that the same guy has been causing trouble for shard owners for awhile. God Forbid your shard does well on either UO-Portal or JoinUO or you will be erased. Funny thing is my players are still able to leave comments on their cuz apparently they are to stupid to remove the shard completely. Get ready for some feedback from players on there! I'd rather go by word of mouth with a bullhorn than register another shard on those 2 sites. Shard Owners Beware! I sure hope you guys here get the shard list working correctly again as this may be our only source for advertising a server.

Last edited:
Well, well, this explains why my shard banner, and uptime has been screwed up on joinuo.com as well. I just read a post on reddit that the same guy has been causing trouble for shard owners for awhile. God Forbid your shard does well on either UO-Portal or JoinUO or you will be erased. Funny thing is my players are still able to leave comments on their cuz apparently Jeff is to stupid to remove the shard completely. Get ready for some feedback from players on there! I'd rather go by word of mouth with a bullhorn than register another shard on those 2 sites. Shard Owners Beware! I sure hope you guys here get the shard list working correctly again as this may be our only source for advertising a server.

What is wrong with the list here? As far as I know it works fine.

We cant vote, and the favorite button both are throwing this error:

ServUO - Ultima Online Emulation - Error
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Heres a pic of our shard currently still beating Uo Evolution in votes. I put forth a lot of effort to get my players to go on that site and create accounts sso they can vote every 24 hours. It is hard enough to get players to just click a button to vote let alone have them sign up for a account to have the privelige of voting. It almost seems like its coded to hide any shard that surpasses them in votes, but I feel corruption of sorts is the case anyways. Our links still work to get to our page but we are off the list. Im ready to have my players bombard their comment section but I dont think stooping to his level is the answer! Why does UO Evolution only have 155 votes on Uoportal and yet they have 8500 on Uogateway, WE know why, its kinda hard for them to get their bots (fake players) to sign up on uoportal and vote.

Attachments

• UOPORTAL.jpg
    UOPORTAL.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 26
It's sad that there is this kind of thing going on in such a small community. These kind of incidents, whatever there cause, is destructive to our already small community. We must do what we can to make this an enjoyable pastime for everyone. Not only our players but also our contributors and shard owners.

I have a small request for the ServUO vote site. Is it possible to make the banner download bigger? Having a hard time getting my banner to be accepted no matter how small I make it. Have not had the issue anywhere else. Thanks! :)

As one of the admins of UO:Revealed, we have never been able to contact the owner of UO:Evolution. When we beat his shard in votes on UOPortal, our site disappeared from the main list, but was still accessible. When contacted (through their events manager (on reddit) who was talking to their owner), they stated it was because the same IP was voting for our site and it happened automatically. We told them we'd work with them to try to stop this, and then we started getting an error whenever we tried to reach our page on uoportal.

It's really sad. We have no animosity towards UO:Evolution. They seem to have videos and events going. But there's a few bad apples in this community who really ruin things. It's shady and unfair and now I just tell people to go to uogateway.com instead.

I have a small request for the ServUO vote site. Is it possible to make the banner download bigger? Having a hard time getting my banner to be accepted no matter how small I make it. Have not had the issue anywhere else. Thanks! :)
[doublepost=1504721331][/doublepost]Hello I have got my server on the Servuo site here but says off line! Is there something I am missing??
[doublepost=1504741360][/doublepost]Ok this is messed up my server went poof aswell now I wanna know why??

Back