Hestia submitted a new resource:

Make Custom Chairs Useable - by Hestia

Make Chairs Useable

Mystery Solved!!!
Once you do this, you will need to distribute the chair.txt to your players.
1. Find your Chair.txt file.
2. Find a Chair that best suits your needs (Osi Chair).
3. Place your custom chair next to the osi one, [inc y -1 , this will move your custom chair, to sit directly over the osi chair, and not increase the z of it.
This is done to test your sitting position, to see which osi chair looks the best.
4. Find the itemid number of your chair in the...

Read more about this resource...

Attachments

• Make chairs useable.jpg
    Make chairs useable.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 34
If you want to try to position your character on the custom chair better.
You will need to understand what the numbers mean.

The first 4 numbers are the direction your character will sit in the chair.
Example:
2865,0,0,0,0,0,4 = 2865 is the itemid number of the chair.
The first four zero's in this line tells your character, no matter what direction you
are coming from, you will always face North when sitting in this chair.
North Chair = 2865,0,0,0,0,
East Chair = 2863,2,2,2,2,6,6 The first four number 2's will always face East.
South Chair = 2862,4,4,4,4,0,0 the first four number 4's will always face South
West Chair = 2864,6,6,6,6,-8,8 the first four number 6's will always face you West
Stool = 2910,0,2,4,6,-8,-8 Stools are multi directional. That is by adding all 4 directions = ,0,2,4,6,

The last two numbers has to do with the positioning of the character when they are sitting.
Example: -8,8
You can change these numbers using positive or negative numbers.

There isnt any need to download anything. Its just a picture of examples. I couldnt post this in tutorials so that is why it is posted here.

Thank you for information.. Saved all this for future projects. Now I am curious on a method for 1. custom doors, 2. custom containers, and 3. changing color of lighting. As seen with these they are colored in game same as lanterns. 16638, 16639, 16640, 16641 . I want to create a custom light section in my art.mul that covers a wider spectrum of colors.
1684052803987.png

Hiya Otimpyre!!!! I learned everything I know about making art from watching your videos, and tons of practice. My question is: You want a tutorial on how to draw doors and lights? As far as changing the color of the lantern. What I would do is make 1 lantern Hueable, instead of making several different ones, of different colors. Lantern Hue 1a.jpg
With making everything Hueable. (greyscale) you arent limited.

Attachments

• Lantern Hue 1a.bmp
    5.7 KB · Views: 6
Hiya Otimpyre!!!! I learned everything I know about making art from watching your videos, and tons of practice. My question is: You want a tutorial on how to draw doors and lights? As far as changing the color of the lantern. What I would do is make 1 lantern Hueable, instead of making several different ones, of different colors. View attachment 21812
With making everything Hueable. (greyscale) you arent limited.
Yes however, the lanterns I shown actually have colored lighting in the dark that matches the lantern. I want green light sources, blue ect... For custom fire ect..... I have work arounds I am just wondering if there is a way to create slots in the art.mul have colored lighting values. Examples of this are the lanterns I shown, communication crystals are green light, ect....

ok,I understand what your wanting now. I havent played around or tried to figure out lights, to cast other colors.
Have you looked into the light.txt file? the red hue is in there.
and in the lightshaders.txt it has the RGB. This might be something to investigate more.

I downloaded Rendered Spirits files. He has some really good stuff! Then add the art to your server. Then add the itemid you used in your chair.txt file

Back