Hello everyone,
I hope this fits into this sub-forum. if not, feel free to move this thread.
While working on my map, there was a certain question that came to my mind: Is there any possibility to replace all items of a certain ID with items of another ID EXCEPT replacing the art in the *.mul files. Any input appreciated!

kind regards,

scadeus/Klabauter

Fiddler can handle this, although it is also a planned (unimplemented yet) feature of CED+ as well.

In Fiddler, head to the map tab. There you'll find a dropdown "Misc", at the very bottom is Replace Tiles. You'll need to copy/paste the default config that pops up in the window and save it as an .xml file. Then you can edit out what you don't need from the default and set the starting and replacement tile ID's. Don't forget to change the coords of the bounding box at the top of the file. Then simply load the location of your new file into the Replace window and run it.

Always save a backup in case something explodes. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have a tool that does just that. You enter the tile ID(s) to be replaced, and the tile ID(s) to replace it with and map#, run it, done.
I replaced all the stars with water on the malas map years ago.. made malas really nice. I could dig it out if fiddler doest work out for you.

Dian, is it the Map Replacement tool recently (a few years or so) updated by Dougan Ironfist?

If so, I have that too. I didn't recommend it only because I've had issues a few times with is fragging up the statics. Never figured out why. Fiddler never caused any issues like that. Just my experience with it anyway.

No, this was made about 10 years ago by Sydius, a friend of Ryandor and mine that gave to me for that sole purpose of converting malas. He didnt want me giving it out at the time because of how simple it was and he didnt think he was that great ofa programmer. but it worked fine. At least, seemed fine... I never noticed anything else altered by it. It only edits map file tiles, one ID to another that you enter.

You can randomize tiles to be replaced as well.

I suppose its possible its the same one, but highly unlikely.

Well, saying he and I were friends might be a stretch, cause we usually only ever argued with each other about dumb shit, but we were all there for common interests... helping ourselves and others create custom maps.

*think it was called smtc or sommthin.. I have it in my vault somewhere

Well the map was done, oh around 2004.. so it might be somewhat out dated to whatever today's malas has to offer.. But if that is no concern, I could dig it out for you. sure.

Oh, and the Necro town whatever its name is, we redid the star moat area in blood.. its wicked cool in my opinion, but not sure if you would like that. although you could change it.

I did this in 2006, so there may be differences in today's Malas areas.. but this has all star's replaced with ocean. It does not have the shore transition tiles changed, but it still looks good.

I was mistaken about Umbra, this one does not have that town's moat altered as blood, it is just water. I must have another map floating around where I changed the shore tiles to water transitions, and Umbra modifications.. so this one is pretty much a clean star to water replacement.

Attachments

• MalasWithOceans.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
And the simple tool to do this on your own.

Do not call me if your computer go's up in smoke~!

Attachments

• MapTileTransformer.rar
    2.7 KB · Views: 31
Man, i must be tired.. been too deep in coding last few days, plain didnt think about including my static files for that malas map... lol
It would be fine as it is, but I guess I could toss up my static files with the correct water shore lines and few other mods if anyone wants. I am intending on using that modded map again as well, so I may even repost an updated version later thats more current, if there's much interest.

For those of you that grab it though, it would be nice to get a lil feedback once you explore it some, outa curiosity :)

Back