I dont add resources cause i want credit for them some i have made yes but not alot.
many people have made many things. in the world some code gets lost or forgotten.
cheers to all those coders who instead of keeping codes gave them freely.
I myself wish all here at servUO a very happy holiday and a grand new year.
may we have another great year here.
.Keep moving forward.

Merry Christmas! So true many scripts do get lost or just can't be found so this is nice to see so many in one area to check out :)

Merry Christmas. A bit earlier but may as well get this post over with. :p
An interesting way to start a Merry Christmas topic
[spoilerbb=*cough*]
TLDR version: runuo scripts work fine with servuo hank needs to get over himself.

Many of those scripts being posted are actually from Runuo, yet they are in a section that is called "ServUO Resources" and they do not follow the ServUO format. Seems a bit misleading in my opinion to release a script under a this.servuo name and have it contain code that was used from runuo. Insanity has even pointed out Specific Things that he wants to make standard with servuo code... such as the "this.". Sure it can be up to the downloader to make these changes or not even change it at all and it will still work. I just think the uploaders should who support servuo should follow suite. When you upload code you are saying that this code has been verified by me and it's safe to use, actually going through the script to make these changes or even using a program to make these changes, you can see what the scripts actually contain and refresh in your mind whats actually going on with the script. I really have no reason to be on a "high horse" as i've not contributed here as of yet. I just think some appropriate steps should be taken before posting any forgotten/lost scripts for the public to get their hands on. Another thing is to give credit where credit is due to original author(s), updater(s) (if there was) in the discussion first post even if the scripts contains a header.
[/spoilerbb]

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you would think that any script from runuo should not be posted here? Yes true the archive would be called Servuo but still, this is a servuo forum? I have posted a few scripts also which I updated and posted here, but they were tested with a Servuo server first and have always given credit of who created the script to begin with.
Addon's which I created alone have been posted as well as some quests.
My thinking is any one new to a server will find quite a few releases here very easy to find and working with servuo.
Imbue has been posted on runuo sure, but this was also updated to work with servuo along with quite a few other scripts. Most are all just custom scripts not core servuo files
Sorry, but I just can't agree with this one :/

Last edited:
I second Milva. If we are getting technical about it then it'd be RunUO/ServUO scripts, as most RunUO scripts need modifications for ServUO. ServUO would be similar to older ML RunUO and the newer SA RunUO...combined. If you haven't tried to combine the two before, I will tell you it isn't as easy as one would think. ;)

HERE! HERE! Jase!

MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL!

let us then share a moment of glee and happiness for one another. where our best intentions and best wishes are gifts to one another. may our time spent this month be to give thanks to one another, for what matters is this. the glory of the light did shine upon us, and the peace of light did give to us, binding us a strong community, making one of many. let no shards of old wounds bear hatred to our hearts, that was once may come again. forging new friendships we shall stand together. may you all be blessed.

Merry Christmas. A bit earlier but may as well get this post over with. :p
An interesting way to start a Merry Christmas topic
[spoilerbb=*cough*]
TLDR version: runuo scripts work fine with servuo hank needs to get over himself.

Many of those scripts being posted are actually from Runuo, yet they are in a section that is called "ServUO Resources" and they do not follow the ServUO format. Seems a bit misleading in my opinion to release a script under a this.servuo name and have it contain code that was used from runuo. Insanity has even pointed out Specific Things that he wants to make standard with servuo code... such as the "this.". Sure it can be up to the downloader to make these changes or not even change it at all and it will still work. I just think the uploaders should who support servuo should follow suite. When you upload code you are saying that this code has been verified by me and it's safe to use, actually going through the script to make these changes or even using a program to make these changes, you can see what the scripts actually contain and refresh in your mind whats actually going on with the script. I really have no reason to be on a "high horse" as i've not contributed here as of yet. I just think some appropriate steps should be taken before posting any forgotten/lost scripts for the public to get their hands on. Another thing is to give credit where credit is due to original author(s), updater(s) (if there was) in the discussion first post even if the scripts contains a header.
[/spoilerbb]

I'd like to take a couple of moments to clear things up. ServUO is STILL a fork of RunUO. It may look different, and it may include some things that RunUO doesn't. Although, at the heart of it all...they're basically the same beast for now.

Yes, the ServUO source code is ran through a code cleaner. It's where a lot of the this keywords come from, among other things (such as getting rid of variables that are never used, and other minor things.) Resources posted for ServUO are a different story.

3rd party scripts written for ServUO or RunUO can be written how ever the developer wishes to write them. The new "standards" are for ServUO source code. So yeah...if someone wished to include their own creation into the ServUO repo...they would be expect to clean the code and meet the standards that ServUO has set. The ServUO dev team and site admins/mods should never tell you how to write a custom script (other than some support.)

Also, to address another issue I've seen a couple of times now...

99.9% of custom releases for RunUO WILL work on ServUO with little to no modifications. Now this will not always remain true, as we do plan to eventually roll ServUO into it's own beast, by re-writing many old legacy systems that RunUO has used since beta. Although atm, most changes/edits/improvements are done in a way to expand on the current setup. Meaning we develop stuff in a way to offer legacy support on old systems and old releases.

Now...the real issue, as I mentioned when I first brought the Archive online. Any and all content is meant to be added to the archive. I don't care if it's on RunUO's resource manager. ServUO is not RunUO. I'd like the community to help build a better resource archive for ServUO/UO in general here on ServUO. For a few reasons...and the main one is that ServUO is paid for/built by/and ran by the actual UO community. None of us are here to make money, none of us are here to con a bunch of people into playing only on our shards.

A complete archive will only help the community as time moves on. RunUO is currently going through hard times, due to losing Mark...and well, Ryan not bothering to even let the community know what's going on and what will happen to RunUO. My biggest fear is that one day Ryan will get tired of trying to keep his team together and trying to manage RunUO...and simply closing it's doors.

So yes, many of the resources posted here on ServUO were originally posted on RunUO/CraftUO/Orbsydia and other various sites. I really don't expect someone to try and search all of these sites to find some helpful resources for their shard. The UO Archive here is meant to bring everything you've ever searched for and used when playing/running UO...to one place. I've even gone as far to make sure all hotlinked images are transferred to the host here, to prevent broken images later on down the road. I will continue to do things to help make ServUO THE place for members of the UO community, although I can't do that without everyone's help here.

I hope this clears some things up. Also...Hank, even though I quoted your post. All of this isn't really directed at you, but at the members of the community that doesn't seem to understand why the UO Archive exists. You're an awesome guy, and you've been a part of the UO community for a very long time. If you are worried about authors of certain releases not getting credit where it should be given, then please send me a message telling me what resource and who made it. It's rather easy for us to transfer resources/threads/posts to the actual author, and I'm more than willing to do it for anyone.

Now...excuse me while I go stand in front of the heater for an hour. Just walked 5 miles in the middle of a damn snow storm. :/

Wow! This thread is a great education. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the conversation! Newbs like me appreciate the perspective.

And have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited:
lastly i give my affections to the people that work their tail off . giving us a server core worth playing with up to times. we stand undefeated. ea god love em stands against us at times. but if they really ask them selves. we are the ones keeping UO alive,. searches. content. items, systems. i hate to be a jerk, so i hope i am not. but we as a community keep UO. and i myself hope to see many new great systems. Ronin for instance holds a new pet system. should be epic. tass holds one of the finest shards known with systems and content in play that took hours......hours.....hours.... only love held it together. as our beloved serv... love holds it together.... maybe some super glue and a bit of mud but it does. each of you.. our community holds UO..... whats left of it lives on in each of you. your thoughts your dreams....my hopes. in this year. i hope that we not only take UO to a new level ...... maybe spin makes a finalized copy of florecence. maybe someone picks up iris 2. maybe the cry three engine produces a diablo uo client..... what i do know is this... we are all that is left for a great game. great servers. time spent living a game that is well worth another spin thru the cycle. we will move forward. keep going friends. keep going. a game that can be so well worked by us for us is well worht our time. happy holidays. and keep moving forward.
a disapproved bale
UO's villified
:p

Back