There has been New UO Emu being created I found out the other day its not just a paper emu like most that pop up with a name change. I was reading this emu has changed every aspect of the code. By fixing bugs that other emus have just pushed off. also Added Missing features other emus have not added.

trying to remember what the website was saying,,,,

Oh something about All is welcome and there is a old Dev from the old days running it but the emu is based on C# so im guessing its based off runuo or one of this emus.. Something about credit will be given to the people that have made lots of the hard code and work from other plus will be on a credit page. um Also if you try to use there code for your current emu u will have to rewrite some functions has names and other stuff was changed in the code for better reading. I know I did see it had a hugelist of stuff I can't name it all... After I seen the website I had to sign a paper saying I will not advertise website until they release the link as the link is changing names. but my buddy that helps on this project said I could post what I read just no links... sorry guys Im sure they will be in contact with all the people soon... always nice to see UO emus Growing again.

How very vague... Does this "new" emu have a name? Does it developers have any alias?

What is a "paper emu". You say it changes every aspect of code and then you guess its based off runuo...
It's funny how you make it so bold about how they're going to give credit to former developers. 90% of the people who come to runuo, servuo, etc don't give two hoots about the people made things possible.

You had to sign a paper saying you never saw the website... Do you mean that you had to agree to a Non disclosure agreement?
What good is saying all this if you can't even point us in a legitimate direction?

Don't get me wrong. I am always hopeful but you can consider me skeptical, based solely on how and what you've just described.

Last edited:
Well any Emu like ones that put names ona code base and say there something different is a paper emu I don't know if they will give credit but im sure they will I don't seem them being like a nother emu I know that came up a few months ago and start telling people they based off runuo and do not mention the real emu they are based off of that is ServUO..

Im sure there not going to go behind Servuos back and take there dev because they feell like throwing up a DOnate to my shit cause I need your money... no names again just saying

ServUo has been here a long time I respect the work this emu has put in I jumped to a nother emu but I never stopped using servuo core because I believed it was stable and still is a stable core.. I maybe grabbed this other emus scripts.. But danmed if I got backstabbed on the way being helpful.. again servuo has been here a long time and it earns the respect people should give it

I think if a nother emu is going to come up im sure they have just as much respect

you know back int he day when you was still in diapers I was running my shard from fiurst UOX ever made and I worked with wolfpack emu/ Lonewolf/UOx3 if you don't believe me jump you ass on over to uox3 talk to xuri he will back me up on that I reported thousands of bugs emus had since day one.. truth is I came here because it seemed like a good emu.

so I give respect to any emu that starts up I give respect to servuo

RunUO is open source as is ServUO and any other forks. Forking is a GREAT thing. I am looking forward to seeing new code. If it is released.

Dragon slayer, there is no need to get insulted, I am sure Hank did not have insulting meaning in his post. I am skeptical too. But like I said, I love seeing forks of RunUO. Full steam ahead I say.

yeah only way we all learn if more devs come around and try keep uo alive :) thanks dmuphy how have you been its beena long time since I seen you around

Well any Emu like ones that put names ona code base and say there something different is a paper emu I don't know if they will give credit but im sure they will I don't seem them being like a nother emu I know that came up a few months ago and start telling people they based off runuo and do not mention the real emu they are based off of that is ServUO..

Im sure there not going to go behind Servuos back and take there dev because they feell like throwing up a DOnate to my shit cause I need your money... no names again just saying

Funny how you continue to make your snide, in accurate comments about JustUO after getting banned from JustUO for your refusal to give credit for other peoples work.

More importantly, if you dislike JustUO so much, why did you make another account to avoid the ban, "Nathen". We even ignored your ban-evasion becuase we thought you were a decent person who just made some mistakes. However, I have to ask, why bad-mouth something in one thread and then keep connecting to the forum? If you don't like the emu, don't use it.

We have ALWAYS started that our launching point was ServUO.

PS. The reason we are losing good developers and talent is because of unappreciative jerks like you. We do what we do for free and then people like you come along with your whiny, self-centered attitude and make us not want to do this anymore. If you think we have added nothing to the community, well, you have the right to an opinion. I see plenty of commits and bug fixes in the repo to say differently.

I don't think knocking any one emu is fair, Runuo, ServUO, JustUO all the developer's have spent many hours with keeping UO to continue with all the newest osi productions, along with bug fixes.

Hey dmurphy got little info on it I got to play a test server from a friends house.. I did notice couple things ingame...

they had Fake Unicode Messages on side of my client I asked if they added that or just was always like that. One guy said its a easy trick to do he said watch I can make writing on the side be normal or fake and do any font or text I want. He said most Programmers now how to do it. I was like wow that's neat I never tried that with some stuff in C#. I know C++ you can do it.

So I asked him the Big Question why talking to him What Emu is this Based off of.
He Said it is based off all emus that was out in the open source we just combined them and did our own work.
and fixed over countless errors and mistakes that was done over the years.

Then I asked what is release day what will this emu be offering to the community.
He said it will offer support to all User that come along.
Offer Help to any one a non user or a user it doesn't matter.
Release day is unknown.

but I tried to get some info I did notic a lot is different then the emus I have used in the past

I like the sounds of having all the positives from the various emulators all in one package. I'm only familiar with some perks of POL and RunUO.
Keep us posted! A hype website or forums would be awesome.

Do you know if these developers are working on it for their own shard or if its just a challenge they decided to take on? Also are they funded or is it generosity of hobbyists?
Like i said, I'm skeptical but I always hope for the best. I just hope there is fruit at the end of the grape vine.
I'm sorry I like to ask questions! :confused:

no go ahead I been trying my hardest to find out more about this emu.
way seems they been purring there heart into fixing bugs and adding what we are all missing.

I hope it wont be a let down either seems the site is hosted on google so maybe they are just doing it for a hobby and generosity who knows in time I guess we all will.

Back