Hello everyone. THIS is my introduction and this here thread I will use for my stupid questions and to solve my problems. I will try to number those and add solutions below the questions - if found.

"Disclaimer": Also, I have to add, if you see me writing something like ".help", I mean "[help". I changed the command key since "[" requires me to push AltGr+8 everytime, cause german keyboard layout. :)

Question #001: What UO installation is recommended for ServUO in Dec2018? As stated everywhere, I just took the fully patched UOML and unzipped it.
Answer #001:
ServUO is up to TOL (Time Of Legends) you can download the classic client here https://uo.com/Client-Download/ once it is downloaded I would check the client exe in the game folder to be sure it's at least 7.0.73,13 -so dump the ML client :)

Problem #002: NPCs below the map (Player stuck below the map on login, too). More details can be found in this thread. Also, doors have not been generated on [createworld - this may be related.
Partial Solution #002: After Answer #001, only some NPCs in Britain seem to remain underground. Most others I saw are above. I will report back if that changes. Player is above ground on login (even after server restart).

Problem #003: NPCs have a bugged menu. ("Nach Zeitzonen sortieren" means "Sort by time zones")
NPCmenubug.PNG
Solution #003: This is solved by Answer #001: Using Time Of Legends instead of UOML.

Question #004: Would you mind suggesting some tools for map creation? And is there a working DL-Link for CentrED+? The website seems to be offline.
Partial Answer #004:
Hey NMND, The download link for CentrED can be found here https://uo.wzk.cz/centred-plus/ I'm not sure if this is the most recent version or not since the original authors site is down, but it should work for you.

Problem #006 (from #002): Sadly, still no doors being generated on [createworld, even after [deleteworld
Solution #006: Problem #006 (no doors generated) was solved by the command "[DoorGen", which I found in the [helpinfo commandlist. Thanks aj!

Last edited:
ServUO is up to TOL (Time Of Legends) you can download the classic client here https://uo.com/Client-Download/ once it is downloaded I would check the client exe in the game folder to be sure it's at least 7.0.73,13 -so dump the ML client :)

Set the datapath.cfg to your "Game Client" not servuo

Set the datapath.cfg to your "Game Client" not servuo
Thanks, I will dl it and cleanly set ServUO up again when done cooking&eating. We'll see if that changes anything. Don't I need to extract the files to .mul with that version?

Also, I unzipped UOML into the ServUO folder (subfolder /uoml/ - means it does point at "my client" - or rather the game client on my root/dedicated server machine).
I use the same extracted UOML on my pc and razor as my client to connect. I do not run ServUO on my personal computer but on a rented machine.

I wouldn't add the game client into the ServUO client- also your game client needs no changing at all.
If you decide to use pandora or UOFiddler I can give the link for the UOP files/folder to add into the game client. Your game client should also be the updated one to login the server, other wise you will see unused tiles plus many other problems.

I just wanted to have everything in one spot. New install will be in a separate folder (D:\UOServ\ and D:\Ultima Online\).

Yeh, I know about the problems UO brings in when client files and server files differ. I imagine you could cheat a lot by just editing the statics and map files a bit - never tried that, though.

I WILL in fact want to change the map and add a custom map later. I don't need a huge continent. I made myself a rough concept/list of steps I need to take in my own personal forum. This is the rough gist of it:
Step 0: Get Server up and running. Using ServUO - Done <= reDo with UOToL
0.1: Play around with the empty server.
0.2 Test out scripts and scripting.
0.3 Learn how to add art.
Step 1: Clean out every gump/tile/art we don't need. (UOFiddler?)
Step 2: Clean out every script we don't need.
Step 3: Add new gumps/tiles/arts.
Step 4: Create a new map. A little island will suffice.
Step 5: Create&Add new scripts

I already played around with Dragon and CentrED and Pandora's Box years ago, so I have a little understanding of how some of the things work. For the rest I opened this thread. Thanks for helping out. <3

Question #004: Would you mind suggesting some tools for map creation? And is there a working DL-Link for CentrED+? The website seems to be offline.

Thank you AJ! I saw the dev post something about changes somewhere, I will find out and reconfirm if that is the latest version.

I also answered question #001 (recommended UO version) by quoting Milva. Installing LOT also solved my Problem #003 (bugged NPC menus).

When logging in I was subterran again, will see if relogging triggers that again. NPCs seem still below ground unless "brought home" via spawn stone. EDIT: Some NPCs are under ground, some are now above ground. If I could reset/bringhome them all at once, that should solve the problem. I am also not logging in underground anymore - at least it seams so. Means Problem #002 is partially solved.

Question #005: Is there a command list?
Answer #005: https://www.servuo.com/tutorials/new-to-running-a-server-basic-commands.3/

Last edited:
Yes, to
Code:
CustomPath=E:\Ultima Online
where I installed UO, right next to E:\ServUO. It is also recompiled and several things changed - apart from the doors, I guess.
The NPCs stuck underground will most likely need a reset. I'd like to do a mass "bring home" or mass respawn, but most NPCs seem alright now. See my opening post for the current state of affairs, I will try to update it everytime.

I am wondering about .createworld not creating doors. Most other decorations are there. Is that intentional?

My next step will be to throw out every Item I don't need or to play around with the script of an animal. Would just deleting the scripts suffice to get rid of items (wearables, weapons)? :3
I will read the creating-an-item-tutorial for dummies later, as well as installing CentrED+ and checking out UltimaLive.

Must. Remember. To. BackUp. -.-

Glad I could help :)
I used to be fairly active on RunUO before it was shutdown using the same username. I'm still getting used to the transition to ServUO. I will help where I can.

I haven't encountered the NPCs underground yet, but to respawn XML you use the command [XMLSpawnerRespawn (for current facet) or [XMLSpawnerRespawnAll (whole world)

You can also type [helpinfo in game for a list of most commands and a brief description.

Are you using the latest Servuo - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6932.37876
and Client 7.0.74.28?

Last edited:
Using ServUO 0.5 Build 6934.40772 and Client 7.0.74.28.
I could not find any underground NPCs anymore with that, but the respawn command should fix it (I ran it after a few minutes of searching for a bugged NPC).

I found [help, but it just spammed me. [helpinfo is a lot more helpful, thank you!

Edit:
Solution #006:
Problem #006 (no doors generated) was solved by the command "[DoorGen", which I found in [helpinfo

Last edited:
Sadly, I don't have permissions to edit the opening post, so I can't collect all Problems and Solutions up there anymore.
I will necro this thread anyways. :p

So I am fiddling around again, trying some learning by doing and I came upon the following Problems/Questions:

Question #007:
How can I create a BaseCreature/Class for (for example) bears - and a SubCreature/Class for brown bears, black bears, pandas, ..?
I'm using VS, as suggested in the Discord (if answer comes up there I will quote it as solution).

Question #008:
In what file is the loot (on skinning) specified?

Good night! :)

Problem #009:
CentrED+ 0.7.9 shows me this:
centred-mapfail002.PNG

It seems like the height-difference-tiles aren't displayed correctly.
But it looks great with the same files in ServUO+latestClient.

For Problem 7 : you can create a new bear class on BaseCreature and then sub classes of the bear class, look at the public class BlackBear : BaseCreature, you can do public class Bear : BaseCreature and then public class PolarBear : Bear

For Problem 8 : Look in BaseCreature for public virtual void OnCarve(Mobile from, Corpse corpse, Item with) Method < this is override in your creatures to determine the items from carving!

Problem 9 : Haven't used Centerd for years and not sure if that works good anymore, I would try to learn everything else before messing with the art/maps etc etc

Thanks GoldDraco, I will try that out.

Solution #009:
in cedserver.cfg, change Format to 8: http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Start_and_server_setup#Configuration-file

Thanks to Owyn on ServUO dscrd!

Question #010:
How can I customize my client? Remove the Menu buttons in the title screen and change the character creation (remove gargoyles and elphes).
I know how to replace gumps/graphics/textures, but don't I have to recode something in the client?
(I am using razor in combination with the latest patched osi client, I think.)

Q 10 : The client side menus/art can be changed with a mul editing tool. This requires lots of work imo, I did a lot back in the day and if I were to get back into custom mul editing, I'd start with looking at the custom art people have posted and start going through the instruction they post to install it!

Back